6

The rest of the time with the Autobots all felt like a blur to me. Something tasted awful in my mouth as I watched the returning team stagger in through the GroundBridge. After a careful and concerned look over from Ratchet, it looked like they would all be fine. Optimus really needed to get his rest, having lost lots of energy from the fight, and Arcee had to remain still for a while after losing quite a bit of Energon from a gash over her left shoulder plate. The others did not at all seemed shocked at how well the purple Con had fought them; it was obvious they had faced him before, with similar outcomes. That left only me to be shocked and terrified. I sat on the couch, my phone open as I dazedly scrolled through social media pointlessly, for the next few hours I remained at base. I actually stayed longer than normal, because I was afraid. Afraid of how to face him after what I had just witnessed.

What was this?

So many emotions blundered inside me, which I tried, and failed, to bottle up with distractions. I was angry, extremely angry, for the fact that he had not only told me anything about his skills, but that he had hurt my family. Several times, in fact. Another was disappointment. I had thought he was better than that. He had been so kind and gentle towards me! It was like that monster I had seen on the screen wasn't him at all. I also felt betrayed. He was my friend, someone I found myself caring very deeply about, and he turned around and went after everyone else I had.

I sighed inwardly at myself. I also felt like an idiot. After all I had been through, all I had seen, I had hoped that I could remain naive. I had really convinced myself that this was all some little issue, the whole Decepticons are the enemies deal. Why? I knew very well what danger was. And yet I had pretended that he carried none.

Boy, had this experience proved me wrong. It felt like my heart was being torn into several paper thin pieces, and it felt awful.

"Kia?" 

I jumped at the sound of my name spoken in a gruff and gentle voice. I turned my head quickly and looked up at the medic bot who was watching me with rare concern in his optics. Looking at him reminded me of just how much we both cared for our family. Reminded me of how people who really cared about each other acted. My heart lifted just a little and I forced a smile on my face.

"Yeah, sorry, Ratch. Got distracted," I replied, grateful my voice wasn't wavering.

He raised an optic ridge. "Evidently," he said a little roughly. "The other children left over an hour ago." He turned away from his monitor for once and took a few steps in my direction. "Normally you head home not long after."

My smile dimmed a little bit and I glanced away. "Yeah. Sorry if I'm bothering you."

The medic stopped not far from the human platform area, crossing his arms but watching me carefully. "It seems that I am not the one who is bothered at the moment. Something is upsetting you." His gaze softened a little.

My face turned sad as I looked back up to him. "Is it really that obvious?" I asked quietly, biting my lip.

He scoffed. "Very. You didn't even get onto me about relating you to the 'younger human children' just now," he said, using finger quotes.

His gruff demeanor made me snort and laugh loudly. When I did so, his expression brightened a little bit and he crossed his arms again with a triumphant look. "Okay, okay, you're right," I chuckled after calming myself, scratching the back of my head. 

"Of course I am," he retorted, bending down to look me hard in the eyes. "Now, I am no psychologist, but I am ready to listen if you want to talk about it."

 I fidgeted a little, but my heart lifted even higher as I smiled a little brighter. "Thanks, Ratchet. You're the best friend a gal like me could ask for," I said with another smirk, before rubbing my arm as he waited a little longer for an explanation. "When I get home.. I have a friend that I need to talk to. I'm not really looking forward to the conversation," I added with a small groan, running my hand through my multicolored hair.

Ratchet said nothing, simply raised an optic ridge and held out his servo. He gestured for me to come over, so I got up and trudged onto his digits. He lifted me near his faceplate and patiently waited for me to continue.

"He.. my friend did something wrong, and has been doing it for a long time now apparently," I said sheepishly, not able to look away as I continued to rub my arm. "And he never told me about it. I found it out for myself. I suspected deep down.. but I had hoped that he wasn't like that. But now that I've seen it first hand, I can't let it pass. He.. he hurt some people I care about." I sighed forcefully and pulled my gaze away. "So, yeah, I feel terrible. And he isn't much of a talker, either, so I have a feeling I'm not going to get the answers I'm looking for."

Ratchet waited a few more moments to make sure I had finished before he replied. "That certainly sounds like quite a dilemma," he said softly. "I.. I'm sorry. I had no idea you were facing a problem outside of us at the moment."

It really isn't that far fetched from that, actually, my brain retorted quietly, and I bit my lip again. It took me another minute or so before I could force myself to look back up to my friend. "Yeah. That's okay. You guys have your own things to deal with. I really should handle this on my own."

After another pause, he nodded once and lowered me back to the ground. "Well, I for one know that waiting longer than needed only makes the situation worse." He pushed my back gently with his digits, shoving me in the direction of the GroundBridge. "So it would be wise to deal with it now, rather than later." His features turned up into a very gentle smile.

My own smile was soft, and grateful as I nodded my head. "Alright. Thanks for listening. I do feel a little bit better."

"Anytime," he answered with another nod, getting up slowly and making his way to the GroundBrdige controls. The portal opened just in front of me, and I took a deep breath.

"I hope I can return the favor sometime," I said, turning my head back to give him a bright smile.

He waved his servo dismissively. "No need for that. I ask nothing of you other than to get this over with," he said, shaking his helm, although I could see a twinkle of gratefulness in his optics.

I smirked and turned back to the mass of swirling colors before me. I grew a little more determined as I walked in, knowing only moments later I would be in my house.

Alright, Soundwave, I thought a little darkly. You are not going to hide anything from me any longer.

~

A LOT of people have been begging me to update this. I was honestly surprised to see how many people really loved it, considering it has significantly fewer reads than most of my other books.

So, for the sake of all those kind and encouraging readers who really wanted more, I abandoned my original updating plan to skip ahead to this one.

So I imagine it's going to be all out of place now, lolz.

Well, readers, I hope you enjoyed this!! I will try to update again a lot sooner than last time, don't worry. Cus then is when we will really be getting into the juicy stuff.

Bye!