5: The Scare

<Natsu's PoV>

I waited until the next morning to head to the guild. I wasn't in the best condition as the power I had gained was itching to come out. But I had hidden it under a bandage as it was forbidden fire magic due to its strength to destroy a whole city in one blow. The power ate away at my skin and gave me a mark that will definitely leave a scar when gone. But I'd take anything to get rid of Acnologia for good.

However Zeref also said my demon instincts will start to show soon so I'd have to control them. It was hard training but I somehow managed to gain some control.

I reached the guild doors and sighed. I knew I'd be bombarded by questions. Frankly I wasn't in the mood. I opened the doors and saw the guild had been decorated. It was some kind of party but for who? I then spotted Sabertooth here as well. I was confused. I then spotted everyone at the front.

That's when I remembered it was Lucy's birthday... shoot I didn't get her anything. I felt bad but before I could leave they saw me and it went silent. I made eye contact with Lucy who was in shock. I then looked around and saw Erza smiling as well as Mira.

"Guys?" I said.

Yep they all came surrounding me, even the Sabertooth guild learnt about my sudden disappearance but Mira told me that she lied to them. I have to give her props for keeping the promise.

"Natsu where were you?" Lucy asks.

"Master wanted me to do a job. Alone." I simply say.

"Why alone? What happened to Team Natsu..." Erza said.

"I'm sorry... but he said alone." I replied.

"What was the mission?" Gray asks.

"A mage was doing something illegal and planning a massacre. It was near where I stayed with Ig..." I stopped my sentence. Memories still hit me. "Igneel" I say and Mira holds my hand much to the surprise of other. I guess I can't lose my cool now.

"That explains it... why Master felt you had to go." Wendy says. I smile at her but it was half hearted.

"Well it's good to have you back Natsu" Sting says and everyone cheers.

"Oh Yh Sorry Lucy I couldn't get anything for you but happy birthday!" I say and extend my arm which she shakes. "It's fine... you being here made it better. I tried contacting you but you never replied" She said. "My bad I guess i was a little busy fighting" I say scratching my head.

I then spot someone. It was Mard Geer. He was the one that sold us out to Acnologia in Alvarez. He brought destruction to innocent and killed my friend for his sacrifice. The bastard has a nerve showing up here. I ball my fists and my whole body is enveloped in darker red flames. This was my demon flame but I couldn't control it.

"Natsu what's wrong!?" Lucy says.

I ignore her and head straight for Mard Geer Who is smiling. I punch him straight into the wall and walk over to him. I grab his neck and strangle him. "You dare show up here... after what you did to me" I say my anger was too hot right now. I couldn't hear the shouts of my friends anymore.

"Kill me but my master will come. It's never to late to switch END. Zeref is raising you a killer" He says laughing.

"Yes to kill you and your master" I spit back.

"Natsu STOP!" Erza shouts. My anger subsided and Mard Geer escapes. I then felt a sharp pain in my neck and fell to my knees before passing out...

<Time Skip - 3 hours - Lucy's PoV>

It was a strange day. My birthday. Natsu came back. And then he flips out at a Sabertooth guild member. But when he attacked I'm pretty sure I saw his eyes flicker yellow/gold and his flames were darker. Also with his eyes. It was pure anger. I had never seen Natsu like this ever. And then he suddenly drops clutching his scarf.

I was currently sitting beside him while he was in the guild infirmary. Wendy was about the unwrap the huge bandage on his arm but he shot up awake.

"Don't take that off." He says and sounded desperate.

"I need to check if this wound has been healed? And it seems pretty bad from the size of the bandage" Wendy says. "No it's fine! Just leave it alone." he says and Wendy nods a little scared. His voice was a little raspier than usual.

"Natsu you're scaring her" I say and hold Wendy and he sits up and looks at her. "Sorry... it's just something that no one can see. It's a bad wound" He says.

Mira then walks in with some kind of package in her hand. It was rather small and I couldn't see it. "Here Natsu... it's from" Mira then stopped when she saw me and Wendy sitting here. "Thank you... tell him I'm fine now" He says and puts the package in his pocket and stands up.

"Lucy go enjoy your birthday... I'll take Natsu home don't worry" Mira says. I look towards Natsu who flashes a weak smile to me. I notice something black under his scarf but he turns his head so I can't see. I wonder what it was...

I then stand up and take Wendy back to the guild hall where everyone was awaiting Natsu news. "He's fine guys... nothing to worry about" I say and they all sigh in relief.

"Well let's cut your cake then..."