°•°○°•°♤♤1♤♤°•°○°•°

One rainy afternoon, a short, freckled, teen was drawing in their sketchbook. They were minding their own business when their dad yelled from the other room, "Meghan! Go to bed!"
"Okay, Dad!" Rin yelled back. After they brushed their teeth they sat on their bed. "Maybe I'll get some sleep tonight..." they said quietly to themself then slipping under the covers of their bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They look over at their phone and sigh, 1:27 it reads. "1:30... again..." they groan sitting up and burrowing their head in their knees. Suddenly, the door creaked open. Rin quickly looked up, they were very tense, but it was just their cat, Sunny. "Oh, it's just you," Rin said as Sunny hopped onto the bed and started meowing. "What is it?" They asked their cat. Sunny leaped off the bed and started walking out the door. Rin followed him into the kitchen. "Good idea Sunny," Rin said as they knelt down to pet him on the head. Rin then stood up and made their way to the fridge. They took out a gallon of milk from it and got a cup to pour it in. They'd just finished the glass of milk when they heard a loud noise, almost like glass breaking. They looked over at the living room and saw Sunny on the coffee table. 'Sunny must have knocked something over. I'll clean it up tomorrow it's too late for that now' they thought to themself. They walked over to their room, shut the door, and flopped onto their bed. But just as they pulled the covers over their head, one after the other, they heard two horribly familiar screams. They shot up and looked around their room. They thought it was just a bad dream since they were half-asleep. When they, for the third time, tried to get some sleep they heard a bone-chilling giggle come from the "hallway". They swiftly got out of bed, grabbed a metal bat they kept in their room and dialed 9-1-1. "Hello? I-I think someone broke into my house." They spoke into the phone barely above a whisper. "I live on-" they were cut off by a knife whizzing by their face. "Heh missed by a hair..." they could barely make out what the man looked like. But from what they could see he had a mostly blood-stained hoodie and some dark-colored jeans. But the scariest part was his face. His eyes were too big, you'd think he didn't blink at all. His skin reflected a porcelain white in the moonlight. And his smile was too wide, going from ear to ear quite literally. It was a nightmare come true. They dropped her phone in terror.