lisa's first dance class

It was Lisa's 10th birthday and she had just 1 more present to open.

"What's this? " she asked her parents, pulling away the wrapping paper to reveal something pink (her favourite colour) and shiny. Lifting it out of the paper, she soon realised it was a leotard! And that could only mean one thing, she was finally allowed to start dance classes.

Lisa had been pestering her parents to her start dancing for ages now, but they had said that she must wait until she was older.

Rushing over to her mom and dad, Lisa gave them the biggest hug ever.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is the best present ever. When can I start? "

"We've booked in at the beginners class at the Grad field School of Dance this Saturday, " her mum replied. Lisa already could not wait until she start taking exams.

For the rest of the week Lisa could barely concentrate at school. Mrs Briggs caught her on many occasions staring out the window, her mind most definitely not on this weeks lessons.

"Lisa! I asked you what 3×3 is, " Mrs Briggs shouted one morning.

Lisa jumped in her seat, quickly turning her gaze from the window to the teacher. She had been picturing herself taking a bow in front of massive audience as they applauded her spectacular dance routine.

"I wish you would stop daydreaming, " Mrs Briggs continued, "please save it for playtime. "

"S...s...sorry, Mrs Briggs. 3×3 is...umm...9."

Mrs Briggs, satisfied with the correct answer and hoping that her stern words would be enough to make lisa pay attention from now on, turned to the blackboard to write down the next question.

Pleased that she had at least given the correct answer, Lisa breathed a huge sigh of relief.