𝟎𝟎𝟐.

cass had been the one to fill in pao and lexie about mckay's party the morning after

cass had been the one to fill in pao and lexie about mckay's party the morning after. pao usually came over at the asscrack of dawn, climbed into bed with lexie, and napped until ten with her. it was their sunday routine to then make omelets & crepes and watch some absolutely horrible early 2000s comedy on whatever streaming service, pausing intermittently to listen to cassie rant about their classmates. that morning was no different.

as she relayed the story of maddy and tyler in the pool featuring nate, pao's phone started buzzing next to her plate like crazy. when she flipped it over to its screen, instagram was letting her know that she had new notifications. no number attached, just notifications. uneasily, she unlocked her phone only to see that she had received a whopping nine hundred & ninety four likes on her picture. her jaw dropped.

"what? what happened?" lexie strained her neck to look at the phone. "oh, yeah, i was sorta expecting that."

"expecting what?" cassie rounded the table to look at the phone herself, pao still staring in shock. "oh my god, pao, when did you get those?"

"the likes or the boobs?"

"both!"

the chatter between the three of them continued, now focused on all the school randoms liking her picture or commenting heart eyes underneath it. it had just been a picture lolo had taken a couple weeks back and while realized that, compared to her seven other pictures (most just group shots and a couple selfies, one featuring lexie) it was a bit of a change in pace, she truly had not expected what seemed like all 1,000 of her followers to like the damn thing.

after breakfast, she rode her bike back home and was walking it to the backyard when she heard mckay above her, on the staircase into the house.

"wassup, paola?" he offered her a kind smile and she returned it, shrugging in response.

"nothing much. i heard your party was a hit." mckay open his mouth to reply but was interrupted by dro & nate walking down the stairs in their usual loud ass ways.

"yeah it was. shit was phenomenal." that last word was sung a little has dro flopped himself into the pool. under nate's unwavering stare, pao suddenly regretted going over to lexie's in just her athletic short shorts and cropped beige t-shirt. then again, anytime he stared at a person could make them wildly uncomfortable. feeling a little bold, she raised an eyebrow at him as a sort of challenge. his face contorted semi-quickly, that creepy little smile spreading across his face.

"you look good, paola." the way he said her name sent a shiver down her spine and not a good one.

"i know." she replied, walking her bike off to the other side of the pool and using her window as a door again. this time, she slammed it shut and drew the curtains.