Chapter 12

*Is it just me or is it getting ha-aawt in here 😂*

Amaya's POV

"Are you gay?"

This was the first thing I asked when my mind had calmed down from the shock of seeing Aiden.

I mean my brain wasn't really functioning properly at that time. So the question had slipped through my mouth before I could think.

Well in my defence, Aiden was standing in the doorway wearing a loose white t-shirt and a pair of worn out shorts. His hair was even more messed up and curly then usual. Therefore he looked like he'd just woken up from bed to open the door. The door to Dustyn's house.

Why that lead me to think that Aiden was gay and that the only possible explanation to this situation was that Dustyn was cheating on me with Aiden, was beyond me.

Wow.

That was a stupid question.

As soon as the question registered into his brain, his face twisted into a mixture of confusion, surprise and extreme shock.

"What?!"

"So you're not here because you and Dustyn are secretly dating behind my back....?" I waringly asked.

"What? NO!! Why would you think that?!"

He was definitely annoyed.

I eyed him in suspicion. Following my gaze, he looked at himself and then sighed. "This is not what it looks like...."

I cocked an eyebrow.

That's what she said.

He ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Look....I know it's weird......but...I don't know how to explain it...."

I kept my face blank, waiting for him to continue.

"I can't tell you anything Amaya!" He shouted.

"Where's Dustyn?" I snapped, tapping my foot.

He shrugged, "I don't know."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW???!!!!!!!" I screeched.

"As far as I know he should be happily dancing or doing whatever with YOU at prom. Now the real question is why are YOU here. And how do you know the address to my house?" He cast me a questioning look.

"Number 1: I'm here because Dustyn never showed up to pick me up. Therefore I came here to check what was wrong. And...

Number 2: YOUR HOUSE?!!!!!!" I was squinting now, slowly moving closer to him, like a hunter approaching his prey. He took a step back.

"Umm...you- you probably heard wrong. I said this house...not my house.." He nervously took another step back.

"AIDEN SMITH, DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME." I was fuming now. When was everyone gonna tell me the truth!

Wait a minute.

Aiden Smith.

Why did that sound weird?

Have I I heard it somewhere before?.

Smith, Smith, Smith.....SMITH!!!!

No...no-no-no-no.

No way.

"You and Dustyn, are you..."

"Brothers. We're Brothers." Aiden completed for me.