Granny's wisdom

Today I went to my grandma we planned another sleepover for the weekend. Which for me meant a lot of laughing and getting way too many food. My grandma is the granny that keeps putting food in front of you from the good kind. With a smile I got on my bike it was only a fifteen minutes ride. Though it felt shorter as I always had my music on. While listening to my fave songs I rode to my grandma. I entered the house and placed my jacket on the right place.

'I'm here aunt already told me you would leave the door open are you sure it's safe though' I said while walking to the living room.
'Don't worry it's a peaceful neighborhood besides what is there really to get just an old granny with cheap things' she replied.
I shook my head and sat down on one of the chairs.
'Your father comes today with his wife' she told me.
I sighed and rolled my eyes in reply that woman was not my favorite person in the world in fact that was an understatement. She worked on my nerves and even though I wasn't close with my dad she made it even worse though I also blamed him for that.
'Pff don't act as if you're the only one who gets an hard time' Grandma said.
I raised a brow in reply but let it go.
'That woman irritates me as well you're father is insane to think she is a good wife' she replied and shivered making me laugh a bit.

The doorbell went. Just great they were here already.
'Ashley go open the door sweetie' Grandma said.
I nodded and stood up and walked to the door. With a sigh I opened it the dog ran inside as soon the door had opened.
'There is my little Ashley' dad said.
'Where else should I be' I said my happy mood already ruined.
'Well just to let you know today we will go to the city but don't think we will buy something for you we just go to get some fresh air you hear me' my step mother Rosalie snapped.
'Yeah, yeah tell me something new' I said quietly but loud enough for her to hear.
'I heard that' she snapped again.
'Good because that was where I was going for' I replied with a fake smile.

I let them inside the house and walked with them back to the living room.
Grandma gives them a polite smile and Dad gives her flowers like usual.
It was about lunch and grandma asked to help set the table but before I could even answer.
'Oh I do it' Rosalie said in that sweet but evil voice at least I knew she was faking the sweetness.
'No you don't have too Rosalie I can do it myself and besides I already asked Ashley' Granny replied calmly making me try my best to resist sticking out my tongue to Rosalie.
Together with Grandma I set the table and we started eating afterwards.
'I'm going to walk the dog are you coming too Daniel' Rosalie asked in the same sweet voice. I swear it was a miracle I didn't needed to vomit because of it.
'No Daniel stays here his mother wants to have a nice chat with him i'm sure you understand' Granny said coming in between them.
'Hmph alright fine then' Rosalie snapped showing her true colors.

As soon as she left grandma glared at dad which I didn't mind that much.
'What is wrong with you' she asked him.
Dad raised a brow obviously not being able to follow Granny's thoughts though I had a good guess what this was all about.
'Learn to be a real man and stand up for your daughter. Are you really that blind and don't see how mean she is'  Grandma snapped in irritation and anger.
'She is nice and friendly you just don't know her like I do' Dad protested.
'Just like I thought. You're blind just remember, this is not how I raised you' she said glaring at him. In reply he glared at me just great.
'That are my word not hers young man so you better be nice to her' Grandma said calmly.

A moment later Rosalie the evil stepmother came back.
'Now Thomas had his walk let's go to the city sweetheart course the girl can come too' she said in her fake sweet voice.
I sighed in reply not looking forward normally I loved the city but not with her. That wasn't shopping but torture.
'Don't worry just ignore her tonight when they're gone we will watch that movie on TV you love so much with chips' Granny whispered in my ear.
I nodded and made myself focus on that in order to be able to deal with Rosalie.
On that note we walked outside to the car.
I waved Granny goodbye for now wanting to get back really soon.