Memories of the Past

Natsu's POV
I sat watching as Mavis smiled down at me. I couldn't help but smile back. Here she was, my brother's fiancee, bride to be, my big sister. Even though we weren't related by blood, that didn't stop us from treating each other like family.

"So, how has he been, Mavis? I know that you've been watching over Zeref. You promised and you never break promises."

Her smile faltered a bit and she said, "I haven't been able to tell. He's been different ever since he woke up from his sleep."

"I have a couple ideas why."

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it. He lost all of his family. That would take a toll on anyone, I don't care who you are. It's going to affect you."

She nodded. "I can agree to that."

I sat for a few minutes thinking, then something clicked and I whipped my head towards Mavis. "Where's Nashi and Lukas?" I asked concerned.

She sighed. "Zeref has been keeping an eye on them. He can't pin point their location though. All he can tell us is that they are physically fine."

"Why only physically?"

She lowered her head and stared at the ground. "Mentally, they blame themselves for their parents deaths."

"W-what?"

"I'm sorry Natsu. There was no way to change their minds. They said that you and their mother died protecting them so it's their fault that your not here."

I stared at the ground. 'They blame themselves? But they did nothing wrong.' I thought.

"We should get back to the guild. People are going to start worrying and you need to keep an eye on Lucy."

She turned to walk away. "Mavis?" She looked back at me. "How can I make her remember everything?"

"You can't. She had to remember on her own. Her demon self has been speaking to her, trying to make her remember, but she doesn't understand."

"Okay, thanks. I think I'm going to try to trigger her memories somehow. Oh, before I forget, thanks for the family photo."

She smiled at me. "Always and Forever." Then she walked away.

Lucy's POV
When I opened my eyes, I found myself laying on my back. I sat up quickly, immediately regretting it because of the headache that followed soon after. I looked around to see that I was laying on a bed. I slowly stood up but hissed in pain and sat back down.

I looked at my stomach to see and bandage covering it. It had a few red stains here and there but nothing to bad. I also noticed the throbbing pain coming from it.

I was inspecting my wound some more when I heard the door open. I looked up to see Natsu standing there. He looked happy and relieved.

"Hey Luce, how are you feeling?" He asked, concerned.

"My stomach hurts but other than that, not to bad."

"Good. I just came up here to change your bandages. We've been changing them after every meal to keep infection away."

I nodded. "Thanks. I can change my own bandages now that I'm awake though. You don't have to. Just go enjoy your meal."

He shook his head. "Nah, it's fine. I'd rather stay with you."

I blushed. "How long have I been out and what time is it?"

"You've been out for three days and it is currently dinner time."

"Okay."

He walked over to me. "I'm gonna need you to take your shirt off so I can change your bandages." He said blushing.

I felt heat rush to my face but nodded. I took off my shirt and he wrapped his arms around my back. He found the back of the bandage and started to unwrap it. At one point, he pulled it a little to hard and I loudly groaned in pain.

He stopped and pulled away quickly. "Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, you just pulled the bandage a little to hard." I stated through gritted teeth.

"Okay, I'll try to be more gentle."

He continued to unwrap the bandage. When he was finally finished, he through the bandage away and grabbed a new one. He gently wrapped it around my stomach area.

"There, all done."

"Thanks, you really didn't have to do that."

He smiled and said, "Yeah I did, now come on. Everyone was worried about you."

I shook my head but smiled. "Okay let's go."