Chapter 1: Rebirth

In Heng base, on an ordinary tent, Chu Lian was in the brink of death. 'At least, I'll die not as a zombie food haha,' this was his last thought before dying.

Baby I found you, finally found...

Chu Lian woke up dazedly. He stared at his phone on his bedside table which was ringing. He reach the phone and stopped the alarm.

Looking at the date which was five years ago and six months before the Apocalypse, disbelief was painted on his face. He start muttering, "I thought I died."

"Is it just a dream?"

"But it's so vivid"

"Then, is this the legendary rebirth?"

He believed that all he experienced were true. It's impossible to be just a dream because all of it were so vivid and detailed. He can even recall the moment before his death. The feeling of being starved to death can't be fake. So, he really died and reborn six months before the Apocalypse.

"I finally died!, why?"

"I don't want to experience the Apocalypse again!"

"I don't want to experience hunger again!!"

In his past life, the apocalypse came unexpectedly. 20% of the population  became zombies naturally. Bitten, 40% became zombies when it first erupted. Five years later, after the outbreak, only 15% of humanity remains. He was part of the 15% that survived persistently but because of hunger he died.

When the apocalypse came many survivors were blessed with abilities. In his past life he was just an ordinary person. He lived at Heng base which was only a small base. The base was cruel to ordinary people which was considered normal. All the cleaning, cooking and construction are all normal works for them but the reward was extremely low. The reward was barely enough to feed themselves for a day. To survive many ordinary people which have no skills sold their selves to people with abilities or to people with position.

He was forced to guard the base on the wall which was always attacked by zombies.  He can be considered as lucky because he discovered that he has a talent for shooting. After two years of always shooting everyday he can be classified as one of the experts on shooting. With it he can at least solve his meals and pay his rent.

But, his luck run out. One time, when he was going home he was pointed by a woman which was quarrelling with his husband. The man was famous for his strong fire abilities but his temper was also like fire. He didn't even know what happened but the man cut off his arm. Later on, he finally knew that the woman was tired of the man and pointed him as her lover, enraged the man didn't even confirm but immediately take action.

Without his hand, he can't hold a gun. His way of living was cut off just because of a lovers quarrel. He still lived for  three months because of his savings. Afterwards, he finally died because of starvation.

Now, six months before the Apocalypse he was reborn.

He swore: "Since, I am given a chance, then, I will live comfortably when the Apocalypse come and live to see the dawn of humanity."