Welcome

I turned around as I heard the big doors of the C.D.C open. I raised my gun. We all walked inside as the door closed behind us. "Hello, hello?" Rick called out. A man walked out with a shotgun. We all pointed our guns at this man.

"Anybody infected?" The man called out. "One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick responded.

"Why are you here, what do you want?" The man lowered his gun.

"A chance." Rick said sympathetically.

"That's asking an awful lot these days."

"I know." Rick started. I lowered my gun but still had it securely in my hand.

"You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of submission." The man said. We all lowered our guns.

"We can do that." Rick said while nodding.

"You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed." I ran over to help close one of the doors as we all walked completely in the building.

"Vi seal the main entrance." The man said to the beeping machine on the wall. A wall closed behind the doors. Rick held out his hand. "Rick Grimes.

Them man looked at his hand. "Dr. Edwin Jenner." He responded.

He leaded is all into an elevator. Everything was silent until Daryl asked, "Doctors always packing heat like that?" While looking at his gun.

"There were plenty laying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough. Except you." Dr. Jenner said smiling at Carl. "I'll have to keep my eye on you." Carl looked up and smiled shyly. I smiled while rubbing his head making his hair messy.

Once we got the the floor we needed he followed Dr. Jenner down a hallway. "Are we underground?" Carol asked.

"Are you claustrophobic?" Dr Jenner asked.

"A little." Carol responded "Try not to think about it." He said while continuing to walk down the hallway.

He led us into a big room with computers. "Vi turn on the lights in the big room." Dr. Jenner said. The lights turned on as we walked farther into the room.

"Welcome to zone five." Dr. Jenner said facing us.

"Where is everybody? The other doctors the staff?" Rich asked.

Dr. Jenner explained how he was the only staff left and his people left to see their families or committed suicide. But I couldn't help but notice a clock counting down behind him.

He got the needles ready to do the blood test.
"What's the point. If we were infected then we would all be running a fever." Andrea said while getting her blood taken.

"I have already broken the rule in the book for letting you in here. Let me at least be thorough." Dr. Jenner took the needle out of her arm. Andrea slowly got up as I helped her.

"You okay?" Dr Jenner asked.

"She hasn't eaten in days, non of us have." I responded while helping Andrea.

He led us into a cafeteria area where he made us all food. I sat down next Jacqui. Then Shane day next to me. We were all laughing at how Dr Jenner brought out alcohol. Dale fillings everyone's glass with wine. I took a sip.

"I haven't had wine this good in a long time." I said while laughing. As Dale filled Lori and Ricks glass he said, "You know in Italy, children have a little wine with dinner and in France." Lori laughed and shook her head covering Carl's cup.

"Well then, when Carl is in Italy or France. He can have some then."

"What's it gonna hurt? Come on." Rick said looking at his wife and son. Dale grabbed a cup and put a little wine in the cup.

"Here you are young lad." He said while hading the cup to Carl.

He took a sip and went "Ewwww!" Scrunching up his face. We all laughed while getting buzzed off of wine. Shane put his arm around me. I rolled my eyes as all eyes were on us for a little.

"Well just stick to soda pop there, bud." Shane said.

"Not you Glenn." Daryl started. "Keep drinking little man, I want to see how red your face can get."

Everyone started laughing. I saw Rick look over at Dr Jenner. Rick tapped his fork on his glass and stood up. "It seems to me we haven't thanked our host properly."

"He is more than just our host." Tdog said raising his glass.

"Here's to you doc." Rick said. I raised my glass then took a sip.

"So when are you gonna tell us what the hell happened here doc? All the other doctors were supposed to be figuring out what happened." Shane asked.

"We're celebrating Shane, don't need to do this now." I said looking at him with his arm still around me.

"Woah wait a second this is why we are here, right? We were supposed to find all the answers but he found him. We found one man. Why?" Shane asked pointing to Dr Jenner.

"A lot of people just left and gave up." Jenner explained.

"Every last one of them?" Shane asked. I rolled my eyes in anger. He ruined a moment we all haven't had in a while.

"No, many couldn't face walking out the door. They....opted out. There was a rash of suicides. That was a bad time." Jenner said while looking down at his plate.

"You didn't leave. Why?" Andrea asked. "I just kept working, holding to do some good." We all sat in silence.

"Dude you are such a buzzkill man." Glenn said breaking the ice and looking at Shane.

We all finished and Jenner led us to another place. "Most of the facility is powered down. Including housing so you'll have to make do here, the couches are comfortable. But there are cots in storage if you'd like. There's a reck room down the hall that you kids might enjoy. If you shower, go easy on the hot water."

Glenn looked at us. "Hot water." He said smiling.

"That's what the man said." Tdog said while laughing.

After I took my shower I got dressed into an over sized t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I brushed my hair and left it down to dry. I walked out of the bathroom and into a room with books. I scanned through the bookshelf's to see if I could find anything interesting.
I heard the door shut but I ignored it.

I started to grab a book then all of a sudden I felt hands on my hips. I turned around and saw Shane. He lifted me up on the table and started kissing me hard. I was kissing back. He slid his hand up my shorts to pull them down. I stopped realizing the wine got to me.

"Stop." I mumbled. Shane didn't stop so I slapped him. He gave me an angry look and walked out of the room. I started getting dizzy and decided to go to bed before I make more bad decisions. I laid in bed crying until I fell asleep.

(Edited)