Chapter 1

13 years ago...

"Jacky! C'mon the fireflies are coming out!" Carter told pulling me near him.

"Okay. I'm here now."

"Look!"

Alot of fireflies lit up the night.

"Wow!" Was all I could say it was too beautiful to describe.

"This is a gift from me to you so that you'll never forget me when I leave."

"When are you coming back?"

"I don't know." He said shrugging. "But promise me you won't forget me until we get old. Pinky swear?"

I giggled and said, "Pinky swear."

That was the last time I saw Carter, he was the same height as me that time his voice was squeaky, he had brown hair and those rare green eyes. I did miss him, we would letters to each other but it stopped after months later on. Now I'm here in Phoenix University practicing for basketball.

After our pre game I always go to starbucks where my mom and dad met. Yes, I know cheesy, buy it was really sweet of them.

Here I am getting in line and waiting for my turn when a guy suddenly inserted infront of me.

"Excuse me, but I got here first." I told the guy.

"And that matters to me how?" He smirked.

"Excuse me but we have a strict policy of no cutting in line." The waitress said.

Then I saw his eyes. Rare green eyes. It couldn't be.

"Ms. I'll give you more than you want."

The waitress blushed. Oh boy.

"And for you I can be your boyfriend ig you know what I mean." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Eww! Gross hell no!"

"Hm. My charms don't work for you."

"Your hell as ugly as a duck."

"If you say so." He shrugged and ordered.

It was my turn and I asked for my usual and sat on a couch and put my head phones on and listen to music. After a while mom called "Hello?"

"Dear, I'm sorry to disturb your time but you need to come home, the Parkers are back. We're going to have dinner with them."

"Oh, okay I'll be there about ten minutes later."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

I said good bye to the store manager and went to my car. I drove about six minutes to the house since it wasn't that traffic. When I saw a new neighbors beside our house I saw the guy in Starbucks.

Oh boy neighbors with him that's a great idea.

I went inside the house it was actually a mansion since we how you say own a restaurant that is almost around the world.

I saw my mom and dad dressed so neatly and they were setting the table.

"Dear, go and change to a formal outfit." Mom told me.

"Okay, mom."

I went to my room and changed into jeans a polo and some sneakers. Then I put my hair into a messy bun and went down stairs.

"Better?" I asked my dad.

"Definitely. "

I went to sit on the couch and watch television after a while the door bell rang and I went and reached for the doorknob and breathed.