𝘵𝘸𝘰 → 𝘭𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘺

jonah and corbyn adopt a child after getting married a few years ago. here's just a small part of their usual day.

it was currently eight o'clock at night, and corbyn had took it upon himself to take care of the night shift; which was trying to put the baby to sleep after a long day. luckily, jonah had agreed to be the backup if things exactly don't go to plan.

"let me know if you need anything, love." jonah spoke softly as he watched corbyn slowly hold the small child up to his chest, his hands being as gentle as possible; wrapping around her back as he got up from the couch.

corbyn simply nodded, eventually leaning down to leave a chaste kiss against jonah's lips before muttering an i love you and walking towards the stairs.

as far as corbyn was concerned, their little girl was in the process of going to sleep as her eyes were fluttered shut, with her eyelashes gently touching her cheeks. hopefully it would stay this way, for his and jonah's sake.

with every step upstairs to her room, corbyn couldn't help but smile at his and jonah's child. she was beautiful. they had named her eleanor frantzich-besson, as corbyn was very fond of the name eleanor; so jonah allowed him.

corbyn lightly brushed his finger across her cheek, being as careful and gentle as he could to try and not wake her up. every single moment with eleanor was special, and both jonah and corbyn wanted to cherish every second of it.

reaching the top of the stairs, corbyn made his way into the small room that had been made specifically for eleanor; with her crib being next to the wall away from the door. there was a little play area in the corner, with practically thousands of stuffed animals and small bean bags surrounding it.

slowly but surely, corbyn lowered the girl into her crib, laying the soft blanket over her so she was comfortable. the blonde leaned down to gently kiss the baby on her forehead, smiling as he looked to her with such adoration and pure love.

corbyn took a few moments for himself before slowly making his way over to the door, looking over briefly to check up on eleanor before he leaves.

all seemed well.

until, a slight noise came from eleanor's cot, signalling that she had woken up. a deep sigh came from corbyn's lips as he walked back over to attend to her needs.

the little girl had opened her eyes to see corbyn reaching down to hold her once again, pulling the small child close to his chest; one hand holding her head gently.

"shh, shh," corbyn whispered, while slowly swaying side to side to try and get eleanor to eventually calm down. "it's okay, daddy's here."

unfortunately, eleanor began making more noises as corbyn desperately tried to calm her down. a silent cry could be heard as the blonde endlessly began trying to shush her, but to no avail.

footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs as corbyn stood in the doorway to see jonah, a slight frown across his lips.

"need help?" jonah asked, his voice becoming immediately soothing and soft.

"yeah, please." corbyn replied, keeping his voice low. "she was fine until i stepped back out again, could you hold her for a minute?"

"of course, babe." jonah replied softly, reaching out as corbyn slowly lifted eleanor into his arms. jonah wrapped his arms firmly around the girl, giving her a light kiss on the forehead as corbyn fixed some things around in her crib.

"any ideas?" corbyn asked, turning back to the image of jonah holding eleanor close to his chest.

"why don't we sing her a lullaby?" jonah suggested, as corbyn turned to look to him with sudden interest. corbyn had never thought of that before, since all the other times it's just been her being hungry in the middle of the night.

"you know what," corbyn began, interrupting his train of thought purely to think about jonah's suggestion. "that's not a terrible idea."

"you can start it off," jonah replied, beginning to rub gentle circles across eleanor's back. "since your voice is so soothing."

corbyn let out a smile, even at times of stress, jonah knew exactly how to make him feel better. that's one of the many reasons that corbyn loved him.

jonah slowly moved eleanor so that she was cradled in his arms, to which corbyn looked upon her with a gentle gaze; clearing his throat to begin singing the lullaby.

rock-a-bye baby
in the tree top.
when the wind blows,
the cradle will rock.

all of a sudden, jonah's smooth voice made it's appearance in harmony with corbyn's. corbyn loved when the two sang together, their voices fit perfectly with one another.

almost immediately just after the first few lines, eleanor began to calm down; watching in awe as the two sang in bliss.

when the bough breaks,
the cradle will fall.
down will come baby,
cradle and all.

both watched as eleanor's eyes began to flutter closed, eventually drifting to sleep in jonah's arms. corbyn took a moment to sigh, looking to jonah with a small smile; nodding so he could put her back into the crib.

"you can take her now." jonah whispered, preparing to hand eleanor back to corbyn but he politely declined.

"no, you can put her in," corbyn told the brunette, putting a hand against his cheek briefly. "don't want to risk anything else, do we?"

jonah spoke no other words, nodding as he began walking back over towards eleanor's crib. the brunette slowly lowered the small girl down into the crib, with corbyn watching over his shoulder as the blanket wrapped around her.

"you're a natural at this." corbyn spoke, leaning his chin on jonah's shoulder with one arm wrapped around jonah's waist. "you know that?"

"it's not just me." jonah replied, a smile tugging at his lips as he looked towards the blonde with a certain fondness in his eyes. "we're a team here, darling. it's us against the world."

"us and little eleanor here." corbyn smiled, pressing a small kiss to jonah's cheek. pulling away, he looked the brunette directly in the eyes. "i'm so glad i met you, jonah marais frantzich-besson."

"and i'm glad i met you too, corbyn matthew frantzich-besson." jonah spoke, returning the same fondness in his eyes towards the blonde.

"let's get to bed, it's been a long enough day."

"you're right." jonah replied, holding out his hand for the blonde to accept it. happily, corbyn interlocked his fingers with jonah's.

and with that, the two left with their hands interlocked back into their own bedroom.

corbyn loved his family.