four

lucas

I don't know where I'm going. I've been walking in the streets for a good 15 minutes. All I know is that I need to clear my head right now.

I take my phone out of the front pocket of my jeans and search for the nearest bar/club. I found one maybe half a mile away.

-

I open the door and the odor of liquor hits me right in the face. I haven't been in a bar in so long. I go to the counter and take a seat. The bartender comes up to me.

"What can I get you?" He asks.

"Beer please," I answer.

He pops the cap of a beer and slides it over to me. I gulp it down within 5 minutes and ask for another one.

Maybe 5 minutes later, a guy enters the bar and sits beside me. He orders a beer too.

"Tough morning?" He asks.

"Yeah, you can say that." I take a sip of my beer.

"Same. I just got fired."

"Damn. Im sorry man."

"Yeah. What happened to you?" He asks and chugs his beer.

"Got cheated on." Is all I say.

I don't know why I just told this to a stranger. I mean, he doesn't know me or Lexie so it's not like he can do anything with it.

"Wow I'm sorry. Wanna talk about it?" He asks.

I look at him.

"I don't even know you, man."

"Yeah, I know but sometimes talking to a stranger can help. I'm Matt by the way." He helds out his hand.

I hesitate before shaking it.

"Lucas."