troublemaker (richie)

Richie Tozier.

The most annoying, loud, disruptive, and just plain chaotic boy at Derry Middle School.

He was the type of kid that only meant trouble, which was a well known fact by pretty much everyone in the small town of Derry, Maine- From making stupid comments in class, to cursing out an adult just because he didn't want to do something, to almost setting the school on fire because "it was a dare"- Richie was the one person you had always been told to stay away from. That is, if you wanted to make it through middle school without too many bumps in the road.

The group of people you hung out with- otherwise known as Greta's Gang- had always been good at avoiding him, but it wasn't an easy task since you tended to get distracted by other things. Instead of paying attention to your surroundings as you had been told to do, you often found yourself being pulled far out of his path by one of your friends, not even knowing what was going on up until they scolded you for being "so oblivious". They always commented about how you "needed to be more careful around him", "needed to pay more attention", and "needed to be saved by us, so you aren't screwed".

Pretty good friends, right?

Hint: Wrong.

They thought that they were doing what was best for you. At least, that's what they told you all the time- sometimes, you wondered if they had other intentions. It was annoying to you- All of these unnecessary rules just because of another stupid teenage boy?

Besides, it's not like you one-hundred percent despised the troublesome boy and wanted nothing to do with him. If it wasn't for the fact that it was social suicide, you'd probably want to get to know him a little better, or maybe even be one of his friends. You had to admit that although he was completely crazy, he was a genuinely hilarious guy, and probably really fun to be around.

Not to mention he was cute.

The point is, you didn't judge him based off of peoples' personal opinions. He was human as well as everyone else, and you thought that he deserved a chance.

To say the least, middle school with Richie was an interesting experience. Because at the time you had always been warned to stay away from the boy, you couldn't help but be completely fascinated with him.

.
.
.

"Y/N? Are you even listening to me?" Greta frantically waved a hand in front of your face, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Oh! Sorry," You reply with a nervous smile, hoping it would help redeem yourself, "What were you saying?"

She ignores it, rolling her eyes.

"You're hopeless. I was talking about the dance tonight, and how we should all go," she pauses for a minute to think, before continuing, "I even have something you can wear, since you don't have anything other than jeans."

"Wow, you have so much faith in me!" You respond sarcastically, her tone of voice having slightly pissed you off. She sounded bitchy, not that it surprised you all that much- "bitchy" had always been Greta's specialty.

"Don't be like that, I'm just telling the truth." she snaps, crossing her arms over her chest, "All I'm trying to say is that we should go to the dance."