Stay On?

"I bet you're glad you went now though," Dianne said, as Joe walked in and out of shot getting himself ready for bed. He had called her so she could see him in his suit before he got ready, hence she was now getting a full show.

"I am but like I want you," Joe explained taking the laptop into the bathroom so he could brush his teeth.

"But I'd have been on tour so," she was trying to convince him that going on his own work trips was the right thing to do. Dianne quietly worried that Joe was getting lonely without her there and si was glad when he had decided to go on this trip with Moncler.

"I guess, but I still miss you." Joe shrugged, and continued to brush his teeth, Dianne just watching through the screen. "How was the show then?" He asked as he turned the bathroom light off and walked back to the big oak bed that felt pretty empty without anyone next to him. Joe always found it funny that he found beds big now be and he had been so used to having a double bed to himself back before Dianne was even a twinkle in his eye. He got into bed and put the computer on her pillow, hoping to mimic her being there.

"Good, I met some fans and stuff, the travel was good, we went in the morning rather than last night, but you know that," she stopped herself, one thing she could recreate on facetime was their spontaneous conversations, but she didn't want to waste the little bit of time they had.

"Good good, so where's next?" He knew she wasn't travelling until tomorrow night.

"Um, we've got another show here and then Brighton!" Joe saw how she lit up when talking about the place that she had become obsessed with.

"Have you spoken to Zo, seen if she's around during the day, I know she's going to the show but," Joe wanted her to have lots of things to do, as she had come clean that she was missing him more and more. He was pretty sure that there was a little bit of separation anxiety forming and he couldn't really blame her. He supposed if he couldn't be there, filling her day with other people would surely help a little.

"Yeah, I'm meeting her and your mum, we're going to go on the beach and stuff," Dianne beamed, she loved Joe's family, Zöe is the sister that she never had and Tracy is like her mum away from... well, mum.

"That's nice, hey you must be knackered honey, it's well gone eleven," Joe pointed out, he was feeling much the same.

"I guess I am, I just miss you more than anything," Dianne said, laying down more, switching her light off.

"I'll hang up then? I love you," Joe said, he had switched his lamp off too.

"Can we stay on?" She asked, she wasn't ready to be alone.

"Yep, hang up when the other drops off?" Joe clarified, they had done this before and Dianne was always the first to go.

She nodded and snuggled into the pillow further, Joe still resting where she could see him and he could see her.

"I love you Di," he whispered, blowing her a kiss.

"Love you too,"

It wasn't clear who fell asleep first, all Joe knew was, when he woke up at 5 the call was still going, and he had a brief glimpse of Dianne, fast asleep, he back to him. Then he hung up and rolled over himself, dropping back off, wondering how many couples in the world have fallen asleep on a facetime call. One thing's for sure, he missed waking up next to her and knew that facetime wasn't enough anymore.