uno.

*this is gonna take place after they stop the apocalypse ig*
-----

"What am I thinking now mommy", your three year old, Delilah, giggled. She'd always been fascinated with your ability to read minds and your ability to speak to others telepathically.

  "You're thinking of asking daddy for ice cream for dinner", you said, nobody could hear you but her and she giggled loudly.

  You absolutely despised your "gift". That's what you called it around Delilah. She loved it, and it wasn't that bad if it put a smile on your little girl's face.

  You were born, along with others, on October 1st 1989. You were granted unexplainable powers along with multiple others. You remember the day Reginald Hargreeves came to your front door, asking for you in exchange for money. It wasn't your memory, it was your mother's, you read her mind. Your mother would allow you to be sold. Which you never understood because she left you and your older brother, James, as soon as he was old enough to legally care for you.

  You were on your way to Damien, Delilah's dad's, house. You and him were not together. And you didn't always get along great, and he's a drug dealer. It's likely you wouldn't have allowed him to see Delilah, if you weren't aware of how good of a person he really was.

  "We're here!", Delilah exclaimed. She loved her dad and spending time with her dad, but you knew she loved staying with you even more.

  Delilah ran up to the door Knocking loudly three times, waiting for her dad to open the door. It took a bit longer that usual for him to get to the door, you did come an hour early, maybe he was in the shower or something.

  "Daddy!", Delilah squealed, leaping up into Damien's arms. You raised an eyebrow at him.

  "I um, you're an hour early. I have someone over", he said turning Delilah in his arms so she wouldn't look inside the apartment.

  "Is it-" you trailed off, raising an eyebrow, asking if it was a customer.

  "Yeah", he said bouncing Delilah on his hip. You sighed. "Y/n, it was last minute he was supposed to be gone before you got here, you guys came an hour early", he explained.

  "I wanted to surprise you daddy!", she giggled. "Oh- Hello mister!", She shouted inside the building to someone.

  He was tall, extremely skinny, looked kinda roughed up, black eye liner smudged around his gorgeous green eyes, facial hair that would look ridiculous on anyone but him. He had a mop of dark curls on the top of his head and was wearing leather pants, laced up the sides, combat boots, and a black sweater that showed about an inch of his midriff.

  "Goodbye Damien, thank you dearly, I wouldn't want to impose on your family time", the man smiled. He was absolutely gorgeous.

  The two of you made eye contact and your eyes flashed white as his current thoughts and recent memories flooded into your head. Normally upon seeing someone new at Damien's house, it was some scumbag who thought it'd be fun to smoke weed in highschool and ended up a deadbeat pervert.

  But this man, Klaus was his name. He was different, his mind was filled with pain, screaming and yelling, conflict and very few happy thoughts. Your eyes even welled with tears before you snapped back to reality, he had already left.

  "I'm gonna get going.. I'll see you in a few days baby I love you", you said, leaning towards them to give your daughter a kiss on the forehead.

  You hopped down the steps of the entrance to Damien's house, rather quickly, you wanted to catch that guy- Klaus.

  You speed walked around the corner eventually seeing him, tall, lanky, and beautiful. "Hey", you smiled when you walked up by him.

  "What does she want?", "is she a cop?", "is she going to hurt me?", those thoughts flashed through your mind, they were Klaus' thoughts.