Boys Cry Too

(OC story)

Although my friends were mocking me, I kept a smile on my face. Although it was just a joke, it still upset me. My friends didn't know that, of course. "I'll be back, just gotta go get a drink," I said, shortly before ducking into the break time crowd.

Except I didn't get a drink. I just couldn't hold in the emotion anymore, so I went and cried in a quiet spot of the school yard. They all say boys don't cry, and if I cried in front of my friends, they'd only mock me more. But I mean, I was the perfect person to poke fun at. I was extremely dumb (not as in academics, I'm top of all my classes, but I'm immature and say dumb things) really into reading, horrible at sport and not very flattering to look at. "Hey, you okay?" I heard a voice from above me. A boy with blonde hair and green eyes stood staring down at me. I immediately recorgnised him as one of the school jocks, Eddie Krilers. I didn't say anything. Of course one of the most popular guys in school had to see me cry. When I didn't reply, he plopped down onto the grass next to me. "It's okay to cry, you know," Eddie said. "I won't judge you."

"I'm a boy," I sniffled. "I'm not meant to cry."

"If you don't cry, then you're not human. We all shed tears... um, what's your name again?"

"Ch-Charlie..."

"We all shed tears, Charlie, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I cry too."

"Really?"

"Well I mean, with a little sister constantly kicking you and calling you stupid names that hurt more than they should, what isn't there to be upset about?"

We sat in silence for a bit. Suddenly, Eddie wrapped his arms around me. "Why are you upset?"

"My friends... they mock me. Even though I know it's playful, it hurts..."

"Don't hang out with them." Eddie pulled away. "We'll chill here together."

"I'd like that..."