Bruise

When class was over, the two girls headed home because they had papers to do. 

Elizabeth got home, and immediately went up to her room. She didn't even change her clothes, she just went upstairs to her room and began to do her homework. 

As soon as she started, she got herself distracted for an hour and a half. Since she knew that Meliodas couldn't talk to her, she had to find ways to not make her bored. 

She checked her phone, hoping for a text to pop up from Meliodas, but there was none. She sighed, picking up her pen and started to write on her notebook.

Another hour passed and she was finally done. She checked her phone again and still nothing, she sighed. "He's busy." 

Elizabeth then decided to fix her bag, then her bed, until she just cleaned her room. It took her half an hour to do all that, and she once again looked at her phone. Nothing.  

She didn't know why, but she was getting frustrated. One text could have been enough. 

Taking a deep breath, she went on to take a long bath. Maybe within that long bath, she'd receive a text or something.

Convinced that Meliodas would contact her, she went in the bathroom and took one of those pampering baths that take about an hour to do. 

She stepped out feeling refreshed, she took her time to get out of the bath that it made a small pool of water on the floor. 

She continued on to change into new clothes and blow dried her hair so she could lay in bed immediately. She was temped to open her phone but she had to control herself.

"He has requirements to do, he'd be okay if you were to be that busy. It's only been a day." Elizabeth told herself, taking her rug and drying the floor with her foot. 

Her phone then suddenly rang, startling her. Making her slip on the wet rug and fell on the ground, and in the process hitting a nightstand with her side.

She groaned in pain, carrying herself up. Her phone was in arms length, so she just crouched her way to her phone and answered the call. 

"Diane?" 

"Hey, I was just calling to ask if you have my notebook with you?" Diane asked, Elizabeth slowly crawled on her floor  to her bag, which was also on the floor and checked. 

"Yeah, I have it." Elizabeth replied, she heard a sigh of relief on the other line. "Thanks, Elizabeth!" 

"Anytime." Elizabeth chuckled, ending the call. She then slowly climbed on her bed and wrapping herself with her blankets. 

Her door suddenly opened. Veronica was looking at her, worried. "I heard a loud thud, are you okay? I just got home."  

Elizabeth laughed it off, "Everything's fine, I just fell." Even though her side and legs hurt from the fall. 

"You suck at lying, let me see." Veronica sighed, unraveling Elizabeth's blanket. She then saw the bruise on Elizabeth's side. "Oh you idiot, what were you doing?" 

"Wiping the floor?" Elizabeth laughed, then forcefully stopped the laugh because of the bruise. 

Veronica sighed, then running down stairs to get an ice pack. While she was gone, Elizabeth held unto her phone, it was already 7 pm. She still had no texts or updates from Meliodas. 

Elizabeth sighed, putting her phone on the nightstand. "I don't walk to him for a day and I get a bruise and two hurting legs?" She asked herself, then face palming. 

Veronica then came back with everything needed for Elizabeth's bruise. "How are you going to move around on Saturday night?" 

Elizabeth didn't even think of that. "I'll make a way for it to work, or you know, suffer silently." Elizabeth chuckled, making Veronica roll her eyes. 

"I'm tempted to hit your bruise so bad." Veronica laughed, then examined the bruise. "I think we have to take you to the hospital." 

"What? I don't think that's--" Elizabeth paused and screamed on her pillow in pain once Veronica poked her bruise. 

"Why did you do that?!" Elizabeth cried, "That was just a confirmation. Let me call a cab, be ready." Veronica told her. 

"Not like I can get anything." Elizabeth shrugged, going on her phone again. Texting Diane that she was gonna be going to the hospital. 

Elizabeth stared at her and Meliodas' conversation. She didn't want to tell Meliodas that she was going to the hospital so he just texted him something encouraging.

Hey! I know you're busy but don't push yourself, good luck! Text me when you can.

Sighing, she slowly sat up and grabbed the jacket laying on her bed and headed to her door slowly. 

Veronica saw her walking down the stairs and helped her walk, "The cab's gonna be here in a few minutes." 

Elizabeth nodded and was helped to slip her shoes on and as soon as they were ready, the cab was already there. 

As they were in the car, Elizabeth suddenly had flashbacks from when she was rushed to the hospital when she had her injury when she was still a runner. 

That was the last time she was taken to the hospital, who knew the next time she was going there was because of her clumsiness. 

When they got to the hospital, the nurses helped her out to the ER as Veronica was calling Margaret. Elizabeth was assisted to get examined and treated.

*

When all the processes were done, Elizabeth was taken to one of the beds for her to rest. Margaret came as soon as she could and checked on Elizabeth. 

Elizabeth received a call from Diane, "Elizabeth! Are you okay? Should I go there now? I'm done with my homework. Screw asking for your permission, I'm on my way." Then, ending it. 

She chuckled lightly, then headed to look at memes. She would every now and then look at the time and notifications to check if Meliodas had texted. 

But there was nothing. 

Her thoughts were disrupted by hearing Diane's panicked voice talking to Veronica and Margaret. The curtain opened and it revealed Diane, "What happened?' 

"I fell and well, ta-da~ a bruise." Elizabeth joked. Diane pinched the bridge of her nose, "What am I gonna do with you? Will everything be okay?" 

Elizabeth slowly sat up, with the help of Diane. She shrugged, "We're still waiting."

"Will you be able to go to school tomorrow?" Diane asked. Elizabeth was about to answer her when a doctor opened the curtains, with Veronica and Margaret behind her. 

"Hello, Elizabeth. I'm Dr. Angela, I have your results." The doctor gave her a smile, "It seems that you have quite a bruise there. Sadly, you will not be able to go to class tomorrow." 

"It's good that there are no fractures, but I will need you to be in bed all day and be given medicine with ice therapy  as well." Dr. Angela started to write a prescription and gave it to Margaret. 

Dr. Angela then left for the 4 girls to talk. "I'll go buy her medicine. Can you two help her get home?" Margaret told them. 

"A cab's waiting outside already." Veronica told her and the three of them began to walk out of the hospital to the cab. 

"Does Meliodas know that this is happening?' Veronica asked, eyeing Elizabeth. She shook her head, "No, I don't want him to worry." 

Diane gave her a concerned look, "Want me to check on him tomorrow?' 

Elizabeth nodded, "Yes, please." 

***

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HAHAHAHAH MAKING UP FOR THAT ONE WEEK I WAS DEAD AND STUFF HENLOOOOOOOOOOO