Because Of You

Katniss POV

Damn he was hot. Peeta had just left my sight and I leaned against the door. I wandered into the dining room and broke out some of the chocolate cake. Holy hell that was good.

I felt so stupid after my brief encounter with the gorgeous man. He was so considerate after I blumbered in my stupid attempt at flirting. Flirting! How can I when I have Gale?

I ran upstairs tears threatening to fall. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I threw open the door to my end suite and shoved the shower on. The hot water on my skin relaxed me as I realised how stupid I was being. Gale would want me to move on. Right?

I stepped onto the bath matt after I had thoroughly washed myself. I stared at the reflection in the mirror. I had bags under my eyes and my cheeks were hollow. My ribs stuck out prominently and I could easily count them. I hadn't been eating or sleeping much and you see the effect it had had on my body.

Quickly towel-drying my hair, I braided it down my back and hung my towel around my torso. I stumbled over the door frame as I made my way into the bedroom. My outfit still lay on my chair from earlier. I yanked on underwear and the dress before heading downstairs.

Pulling my black flask out of the cupboard I starting pulling out the necessary ingredients for my lunch. I made myself a quick tuna pasta. Placing it inside of my black bag, I grabbed my keys.

On the drive to work I couldn't stop thinking about Peeta. The way his hair flopped down his face. The way his blue eyes caught in the sunlight. The way his ass flexed and clenched as he walked and lifted the box. I felt myself being drawn to him, a prospect I was unfamiliar with. I don't normally interact with other people unless I have to.

Pulling into the parking lot at work I saw Johannah across the way. She was yanking herself out of her car, looking rather disheveled. She was wearing her clothes from last night and her short hair was sticking up in every which way.

'Oi, Jo!' I yelled to her. 'What you been up to?'

She looked up and smirked at me. 'Wouldn't you like to know.'

'What you done now?' I grinned.

'Now, its not a matter of what, but who.' She teased. I stuck my tounge out at her as I sauntered towards the reception of where we worked. Jo and I were teachers at the local community college. I taught Computer Science, ICT, and Business Studies. I also teach a few cover Biology lessons.  I loved the atmosphere of working with my students and relished seeing them graduate. Jo was the opposite. She only taught Philosophy and covered most lessons. She would simply give the students their work and let get on with it.

'"Enjoy, x". What the hell was that?' I immediately asked once she was within distance.

'I meant it. You need to get yourself out there again.'

'Jo...' I warned.

'Look, my friend went to the Mellark Bakery and commented on how hot the guy was. So I went to see myself.' I raised my eyebrows at this and Jo laughed. 'Nothing happened, he wasn't my type. However I got the genius idea of ordering some stuff for you, and letting you see him. What did you think?' At the end of her defense she quirked her eyebrow.

'Jo, you know about Gale. You know I-' I began. Jo placed her forefinger over my lips.

'Dont you even dare say it. It had been two years.' We had successfully weaved our self to the coffee cart at this point and she stopped talking to order our usual. 'You need to put yourself back out there. A gorgeous piece of meat like you.'

We walked over to the lift and waited for the tell tale ring. Students were behind us so we shut it quickly. We quickly entered the lift and headed up.