3. Krist's Pain

Krist's POV

I was done with my solo training so I went to the nearby stream. There is a spot deeper than the rest where I take a dip once in a while in my human form. The cool waters soothes my aching muscles.

Unlike my other pack members, I feel the pain more and I heal slower. Yet, I don't really mind these things. I have enough to worry with my inability to communicate with my so called family.

Though Arthit, my wolf, can be hard headed and strong willed, he always apologized about the shortcomings we both share. He says it's because of him. He told me once that he didn't feel like himself, like something was definitely missing. And he wasn't talking about our ability to tap into the pack link.

It bothered me for a while but after wracking my brains out, I couldn't find an answer. Maybe my wolf just tried to make reason for our disadvantage and evidently putting the blame on himself.

I made him stop thinking about what's missing in us. For all i know, I was right when I said that once we find our mate, then maybe we'll both feel complete. I look forward to that time but also dread it at times.

I was done taking a refreshing soak when I sensed four wolves closing in to where I was. I shifted immediately when my nose picked up the scents of the bullies that blocked my way earlier.

Since I was still tired, I couldn't run fast enough even when Arthit fully took over.

'This way, even if they caught up to us, you won't feel all the pain pain.' Arthit told me and I growled knowing his stubbornness. I can control my wolf fully but I respect him as much as he does to me.

He nags a lot though when at school, I couldn't let him out when I am getting picked on. Because if I do and some human noticed the change of colors in my eyes, the alpha wouldn't like it. The omegas got scolded once when I suddenly let Arthit take over when I was in middle school to defend myself from my bullies.

I like the people who look after me. And I don't want them to be reprimanded for something I did.

Arthit's light brown paws dug lightly as he leaped and ran away from the four scents we were trying to avoid. Four became two and it was too late for us to realize we were running into a trap.

My left leg fell into a hole and suddenly there was a searing pain coming from the back of it. A blade had cut through my flesh and i groaned loudly from the injury.

Arthit whimpered and tried to grab on to the ground around him to get his leg off the ditch. I'm sure there was some other kind of metal and sharp object emdedded in in the earth surrounding the small hole where his foot landed in.

'Damn, it hurts.' My wolf growled and whimpered again.

The four scents joined in and I smelled them getting very close to me.

"Well, well, well. It's not a deer, we trapped!" The tallest one said. Seriously, if he's gonna be beta, I'll just run away. The pack has no future with this jerk around.

"It's little miss deafie." The second added.

I can't communicate with them even if I want so bad to tell them how cowardly it to set up a trap even if it's intended for a deer. Wolves hunt.

The shortest one leaned down to me and flicked my nose so hard. I snarled at him and bared my fangs.

"Watcha gonna say, Kristina?" He cupped his ear and turned it to me. "What is it? I can't hear! Hahahaha!!!"

And they all laughed like a bunch of lunatics. I swallowed my anger as my wolf struggled to free his foot. The four spineless jerks walked away after throwing rocks at me.