Meeting Mike Wheeler

Joyce Byers had left for work, Jonathan and Will had left for the day, which left El alone.

ELEVEN
I'm sitting on the couch, reading a book.

"12:15. It's 12:15." I say.

Why don't I go to school, and come home again? No-one will notice. I thought as I got up off the couch. I got dressed in normal clothes and opened the front door.

Joyce is gonna kill me if she finds out. I thought again.

I closed the door and headed out. I started walking.

I eventually after 1 hour got to the school.

I looked around, no-one was around. I opened the door, and I entered the school. I walked down the hallway. Everyone was in one of the classrooms.

I saw a man in a shirt, tie, pants, and jacket type thing, walking toward one of the classrooms.

He walked in, then walked out with 4 boys. One of them looked a lot like Will.

I hid behind a wall so they wouldn't see me. As they walked away, I came out from behind the wall. I walked slowly behind them. One of them turned around hearing something. I was to slow to move, so he saw me.

"Who are you?" The boy asked.

I looked at him with a frightened face.

"I'm...Eleven." I said.

"Hey, Eleven. My name is Mike. Mike Wheeler. Can I call you El for short?" He asked.

"Sure." I say.

"Ok. El. Who are your parents?" Mike asked.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to expose Joyce's secret.

"My parents...live on the other side of town. They don't like to be seen." I said.

"Oh. Ok. Well, it's nice to meet you." He said as he held out his hand. He grabbed mine and we shook hands.

"Why don't you come to meet my friends?" Mike asked.

"Maybe you could enroll here?" Mike kept talking.

"I can't. I'm sorry. I have to go." I said as I ran the other way. I ran out of the door and went straight home.

MIKE
As El ran off, I headed down to Principal Coleman's office. The other boys were sitting down waiting. I sat down next to Will on the end chair.

"Hey, guys, I just met a girl. Her name was Eleven." I whispered to the guys.

"So, what was she like?" Will asked.

"She had short-ish long hair. She was very sweet, but also very nervous." I responded.

"You like her don't you?" Dustin asked.

"N-no...maybe...yes...yes, I do like her." I said.

"But you only met her not even 5 minutes ago..." Lucas said.

"Yeah. I know. But there is something about her that I like. I know it's strange but I like her." I said.

"I might even ask her out?"I said.

Will looked at me with a strange face.

(After Work)

JONATHAN
"El." I said as she turned around, looking at me.

"You left the house. Didn't you?" I said.

"What are you talking about?" El said.

"You left the house when mom specifically told you not to? Was it an emergency?" I asked.