Who Needs Love

*February 20th, 11:23am*
-Norah POV-

It was the day that Ashton and Calum were coming to visit me. Unfortunately, Charlotte couldn't come, but she sees the boys all the time because of Calum. I told my flat mates that they were coming, and they seemed excited to see them both again.

I went with Nick to pick up the boys from the train station. Nick was a broad big guy, from Bolton with a really thick accent, and was one of the most hilarious people I've ever met. He knew how much I loved him, and he loved me back.

"Hi!", Calum greeted us, "what are the plans for today?"

"I was thinking lunch at a nice restaurant, and just go for a drink somewhere cool?", I suggested

"Sounds good", Ashton grinned and greeted Nick.

*Bar, 3:56pm*
"I'm so full!", Calum exclaimed, "the food was amazing"

"I know, I love Mexican food anyway, but that was really good", I said, "how is song writing going?"

"Good yeah! Michael and Luke have come up with some good songs", Ashton said, "they don't normally work together that much, but recently they have had so many ideas together"

"They are really close friends, aren't they?", I sighed.

"How are things with Michael?", Calum asked me

"Fine", I smiled toothlessly, and rolled my eyes.

"...come on Norah", he raised an eyebrow at me.

"...anything I do, makes me look like a dick"

"I know, it is hard", he said and put an arm around me, "but he is happy, and she seems cool"

"That's exactly what I want for him! I love him, so I want him to be happy, and he deserves to be happy", I said assertively, "...how is Luke?"
"He's good...Nor?", Ashton asked, and i raised my eyebrows in reply, "...did something happen with you and Luke?"
"What makes you say that?", I asked confused.
"He feels uncomfortable whenever Michael brings up your name, more so since that night you were alone in our kitchen for hours after Michael met up with Naomi"
"...okay I might have kissed him, but I feel guilty", I said
"Why would you feel guilty?", Ash looked worried
"Because he was really drunk, I mean so was I, but he was worse than me", I sighed
Calum choked on his drink, "hang on, you kissed Luke?! As in, our Luke?"
"I think that's a good pull!", I laughed, "he is hot"
"...what about Luke instead of Michael?", Calum sheepishly suggested
"Well Michael seems smitten now really, doesn't he? So I might as well, even it wasn't Luke", I snapped and laughed nervously.
There was a brief moment of silence, when I could tell that Calum and Ashton were looking at me with sympathy. I was never the girl who talked about guys, so this was weird to me, and they knew that- that's why they felt sorry for me. I checked my phone, and it was Ryan letting me know that he was outside to pick us up.

"Come on guys", I said whilst grabbing my bag, "Ryan's here. We will just go back and have a few drinks at the flat"

"Sounds great", Calum smiled and followed me into the car.

*the flat*
"Hi!", I greeted everyone in the kitchen, "Calum and Ashton are here"

"Aw hi boys", everyone said and embraced them both.

"We came in to say hi, but we have to leave in about an hour", Calum explained.
We sat in the lounge area, just listening to music and talking, when the boys realised that they had to go, and everyone else was heading out to meet up with their friends to do a pub crawl. Matty offered us a lift to the train station before he went.

"I'm so glad you came down", I said, whilst stood on the train platform, "you guys are actually the best"

"Aw!", they both cooed and cuddled me. Ashton leant in and whispered, with a really happy tone, "it's alright! See how things go with Matty"

I backed away and rolled my eyes at him and laughed. I waved them off as they got on the train and went back to the flat with Matty.

"You really love them, don't you?", he smiled.

"I really do!", I said, "the fact that them boys were willing to come and visit me, in the middle of writing an album is really nice"

"They seem like the kind of guys to do good things for you", he sighed.

"...it's a good thing!", I questioned, "why are you making it sound sad?"

"I wasn't!", he slightly snapped then laughed, "are you going to see them before America?"

"Yeah, I'm going to see...", I started to explain, then I received a text from Michael:

'Hi Norah! I hope you've had a good day with the lads :D me and Luke are just on a break from songwriting, and it doesn't look too good for us coming up in the next couple of days sorry! Deadlines are shitty :( But we will see you before we leave- miss you loads x'

"What?", Matty interrupted me reading the text.

"No, it's just I was planning on meeting Luke and Michael this week but they can't come now", I sighed, "so I'm seeing them in a couple of weeks"

"How are things with Michael?"

"Well he's kind of seeing a girl, he's happy! He normally tells me everything about his life, but recently I haven't been talking to him as much"

"Why not?", he asked

"I don't know... Probably just me being a dick", I nervously laughed, "...well no, but I missed my chance", and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I know it's shit...", he patted my shoulder as he pulled up outside the flat.

"I have to see it from his perspective!", I said, "in his eyes, I lead him on, I never made any advances in him, and at first, I treated all the boys similarly"

"Yeah but you never stopped texting him, now you don't text anyone, apart from Luke and Charlotte"

"I need to make a huge effort don't I?", I admitted, "I want to be friends with him again, it would make me feel less guilty about the whole thing"

"Yes! But friendly, and not too intense too quick or it will look weird. Plus, his lass might find out about you acting weird around him and judge you before she meets you"

"...thanks Matty", I smiled at him.

"It's fine, I'm always here Nor", he hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. He leant back again, but I pulled his T-Shirt, and planted my lips on his. I've never acted so impulsively, but all the advice that Luke and Ash screamed at me on Calum's birthday, all hit me in that moment. His tongue gently caressed mine and his hands reached up to grab either side of my face. Red Hot Chili Peppers played in the background as we moved in synchronisation with each other to the rhythm of the song. He pulled away after a while so we could catch our breath.

"The flat is empty?...", he smirked.

I simply smiled and pecked him on the lips and got out the car.