Pain

Hermione POV

She was sitting in an old leather chair in the Granger's house. Like every morning, she stared out of the window, watching the raindrops crashing onto the dirt. One month has passed since the war. Since Harry Potter defeated Voldemort.

But she didn't expect that things would get worse after Voldemort's death.

*Flashback 2nd May 1998*

"Avada Kedavra!" shouted Voldemort at Harry, with so much anger in his voice, she never heard before.

"Expelliarmus!" shouted Harry back at Voldemort, watching as their casted spells flew against each other.

Hermione watched as Harry tried to defeat Voldemort, but the green, sparkling light coming out of Voldemort's wand came every second closer, until she saw that Voldemort's body dissolved into dust.

She saw how Harry got onto his knees, holding the elder wand up to the sky. It was over. The nightmare was finally over.

That was what she thought when she ran back to the Shrieking Shack. The others could handle the rest on their own, because she had to help the man who was lying in his own dirt and blood in the Shrieking Shack. She wouldn't let him die. No one deserved to die like this.

As she entered, she saw that he was lying the same way on the ground like he did hours before when he got attacked by the snake.

She ran over to his body, kneeled on the ground and lifted her hand to feel if he still lived. At first she didn't feel anything, but then she could feel a very weak pulse.

Shock. That was all what she could feel in that moment. How was he still alive, after hours that the venom was running trough his veins? For once, she didn't know. But that's not what mattered in this moment.

She looked over his body, seeing that through the material of this cloak, she could see something little. Something that looked like a little vial. She pushed a bit of his cloak away and saw that it really was a little vial.

She took it out of his cloak and looked at the vial. "Anti-Dote" was written on it with a little, neath handwriting. Yes, definitely he wrote it!

She opened the vial with shaking hands, not knowing what will happen now. Does she have to pour it down is throath or put some drops over his wound? She didn't know. She was confused and nervous, but she had to save him.

She decided that she would have to pour the antidote down his throath. She gave the antidote one last look, and then she lowered her hand to his face. With the other hand, she lifted his head a bit, then she softly parted his lips a bit and gave him the antidote.

How silly was she? Of course he was prepared for that moment. He knew that one day he had to die, killed by the snake. But the didn't want to die. He just was too weak to give himself the liquid.

She pressed her middle and index finger again against his throath, and she could feel how is pulse got a little bit stronger. She did it. She saved him! Tears of joy were running down her face. She saved this man from a horrible death.

But she started to worry when he didn't open his eyes after some minutes. Did she do something wrong? No, it can't be. After she casted some strong healing spells, she watched how his wound closed itself.

She began to shake again, fear running through her body. What was wrong with him? She lifted her hands again and touched his face slowly, turning his head to her.

Seeing that he still has blood on his face, she casted a cleaning spell. After that, she watched as his eyes began to flicker, and then she stared into those beautiful, onyx colored eyes.

She managed to whisper a little "P-Professor?" before the tears started to run down her face. She really did it. She saved Severus Snape.

She watched as he tried to speak, but she cut him of, putting her index finger on his lips. "Shhh, don't talk. You need to rest" said Hermione with a little smile. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he asked:

"W-why di-d you s-save me, fool-ish girl?!".
She stared at him, eyes wide opened in shock. Why would he ask that? Did he really think she would let him die? "Be-because no one deserves to die like this!" answered Hermione with a trembling voice.

"You s-silly girl! I des-erved to die! You have n-o idea what I di-" he tried to argue, but she cut him off "I know what you did! I know what you did for the Death Eaters, but also for us! And now stop talking to me like that!" she said with a stronger voice than before.

The tears were still running down her face. He wanted to die, but why did he brew an antidote? Did he change his mind? Did he not want to live?

"Levicorpus" she whispered while her wand was pointed at him. He groaned in pain, but then relaxed a bit. She took his wrist, closed her eyes and concentrated on seeing the St. Mungos in her mind. Second later they were in the hospital.

But when she noticed that all the people and maids didn't move when they saw who he was, she screamed "THIS MAN NEEDS HELP! BY MERLIN'S PINK UNDERWEAR, HELP HIM!" her face grew red in rage, and he only could give her a fascinated look. She only gave him a little smile as she watched how 2 maids took him into a room.

*Flashback end, 2nd June 1998*

After she watched how the maids took him into a room, she left the St. Mungos and returned to Hogwarts. But when she arrived at the gate, she saw no one.

As she thought about the memory, she teared up. She was happy back then because they won the war, and she saved her professor. But she didn't expect what she saw when she entered the great hall.

*Flashback 2nd May 1998*

After she passed through the gates of Hogwarts, she expected people on the yard. But there was no one. Not a single soul. She passed over the yard to the giant door who leads into Hogwarts. After that she opened the next door, who leads to the Great Hall.

As she entered, she saw everyone standing in a circle, leaving some space in the middle. Everyone turned his head to her, giving her a sad, angry and despised look. She walked over to them, trying to get through the crowd.

When she arrived in the space, she slammed her hand to her mouth. Her eyes wide opened again in shock. She will never forget the picture that she saw in front of her.

Harry was lying on the ground, Ginny on top of him, crying and screaming. She walked over to Ginny and went onto her knees, placing a hand on Ginny's back, but she jumped away, falling on the ground with her ass. She buried her face in her hands, still crying.

Hermione looked down on Harry, who's eyes were closed and after that she saw that he wasn't breathing. He was dead. She stopped breathing. Harry was dead. The boy who lived, died. Her best friend was laying  in the Great Hall, surrounded by people who didn't move. No one spoke a word. No one knew what to say.

*Flashback end, 2nd June 1998*

That was it. Harry Potter was dead. Severus Snape? She doesn't know it. She hasn't heard anything from him since then. Maybe be died too. Maybe the doctors couldn't do anything for him. More tears were running down her face, thinking about that she may also had lost her old professor.