Better Together

Mari:

Bane:

Bell Tower

Still Family Day, Mari was sitting alone in the bell tower, looking down sadly.

Bane walked in. "Mari?"

"Bane," Mari replied.

"I figured that you would come here," Bane admitted. "I mean, this is where we go, when one of us is going through something and we want the other's help but we don't want to ask for it."

"I don't need help right now," Mari told him.

"Then what are you doing in here?" Bane asked.

"Couldn't take all the hate stares that people were giving me and Ara after we stuck up for Izzy, Yeva, Mal, Malia, Evie, Jay and Carlos, especially since they know that we're mermaids with half magic," Mari answered.

Bane sighed, nodding, sitting next to Mari. "Yeah. I got a lot of hate stares too since I'm the prince that has a 'fetish' with magic. That's what they think anyway. They don't know that magic is part of me, just like it's part of you. Happy that you get to leave yet?"

"I'm not gonna let those bullies ruin my life, and you shouldn't either," Mari pointed out. "I wanted to be here for you, Ben, Anthony, and the VKs, but now they're pissed off and probably don't want anything to do with any of us. After everyone turned on them, I don't blame them."

Bane shook his head. "Neither do I. So everyone is eyeing us and Ara like we're outsiders, and they completely turned on Izzy, Yeva, Mal, Malia, Evie, Jay and Carlos. You and Ara are gonna have to leave because your parents are making you leave and making you choose on where to go. And everyone hates all of us."

"They don't hate you, Bane," Mari told him. "They don't hate me and Ara. They just don't understand us. And I don't understand why they hate Izzy, Yeva, Mal, Malia, Evie, Jay and Carlos. It's not like they are their parents or anything."