Chap 6

Sorry for the late upload 😫 college is starting. Just hang in there and enjoy this upload. Peace!!

Monday

Staring blankly at the professor in front of me, my mind is preoccupied with Jaxon. My right hand is resting on my face while my left hand is flicking the pencil back and forth. I mentally groan wanting to be out of this class and stare into the depths of Jaxon's eyes. I cant wait to see those eyes again. It's still a shock to me that I got the internship.

"Alright class, you are dismissed. But do make sure you watch the Stanford Prison Experiment on Netflix or wherever. If you don't then oh well you fail therefore wasting my time and yours. Have a blessed day" my psychology professor announces to the class. I hear a lot of yes sir while I stride out of the classroom. Swerving my way passed the students and on my way to the main doors. Behind those doors are my freedom, so I'm just a few steps away. Yes I'm almost there, my hands reach for handle-

"YOOOO Amelia, where you going?"
I take a deep breath in while closing my eyes and then exhale the annoyance out from my body. Slowly I turned around and behold... its Cory and some guy behind her. I just stared at her once she got closer

" oh what happened. I saw you leaving like there's a fire in the building"

" Nope theres no fire. Just escaping prison. You understand me right Cory?" I looked at her in all seriousness. I really hope she understands my desperation to leave. Hell, every student can relate.

" oh shoot!! My bad girl." She went to the the door then proceeded to open and hold it open for me.

" Hurry up don't let me hold you. " We both chuckled . I love how she understands wholeheartedly.

" Thanks boo. You special. By the way I'll be coming in late. I'll tell you why later. Ciao" I tell her as I go passed her. I'm trying so hard not to skip all the way to my dorm room. It feels good to be outdoors. In a few minutes I make it to my dorm room. I stroll inside and set my bag down near my desk. Okay so 4 o clock is the time I start. Right now is 20 minutes before 3. Let me start getting my looks together.

I decided to wear all black today

I decided to wear all black today. Black ankle length dress pants, black mid forearm blazer, I semi fishnet body suit under that blazer, with black pointed 4 inch heels. Its simple but I can't help and think that its a bit seductive. Yup its the semi fishnets underneath. Oh well, I'm still going to keep the blazer on.
I put my hair up in a afro puff, slicked down my baby hairs, then put on lip gloss. Now I'm decent. After I am satisfied with my look I grab my large black pouch then head out of my door. After locking it. I carefully head down the staircase with my hand on the rails. There are so many limitations to heels all in the name of beauty. I can't move as fast as I want to. I head out of the dormitory, then towards the entrance/exit of the campus. I pass by Gerold who looked at me with his eyebrows raised.

" young lady, let me guess you got the job," he asks me while bending slightly over.

"Yes sir. You like my outfit?" I asked while raising my hands up and giving him a slight twirl.

" hmm... you look like you going to a funeral."

" Really Gerold." I asked then looked down at my clothes.

" You are just fine. Listen, impress your boss and leave a good first impression you hear me."

" yes thanks for the encouragement. I'll be back soon"

I walked away towards the exit. In a few minutes I made it to the train station. Stepping inside, I saw the service report and my train is coming in a minute. I hurry to take out my metro card and swiped it. Once I was able to pass through, I hurriedly walked down the stairs to aboard the train as. I watched it come to a stop just as I made it to my last step. God is right by my side today. I happily aboard the train and take a seat. I relaxed until I made it to 42nd street stop. I get off then climbed up the stairs and went to the revolving doors. Now its time to walk again.

After a few minutes of walking I made it to my destination. I opened the doors and the first person I see is Stacy. She looked at me as if she didn't recognize me a few days ago.

" Hello, welcome to Jaxon Daley Law firm. How can I help you?"

" Im here because this is my first day as an intern." I say with a slight attitude. She looks at me for a while then tells me to go take the elevator to the fourth floor.

" oh I know the way thanks"

I walk to the elevator and behold its the security guard. I hold his gaze as I get closer and closer to him. He has tan skin, with black hair that is faded at the sides but long on top. His shoulders are broad and his physique is muscular. He stands with confidence and alertness. His hands are crossed behind him assessing his surroundings. As I approached him, he presses the button for me and the elevator doors open. I stepped in and he steps in after me.

" What floor?" His voice is deep but I didn't expect it to be soft. His voices caressed my body which caused me to shiver slightly. He keep his eyes on the buttons while waiting for my answer.

" oh umm... fourth floor please."

"Mmm" Thats it. I wanted to hear more but It was silent during our elevator ride. Neither of us sparking up a conversation. The doors open and I step out. I feel his heated gaze on my back. Ignoring it, I spoke Candice and Jaxon talking by her desk.

" Good Afternoon, Candice and Mr. Daley."
" Good Afternoon Amelia" only Candice says.
I turn towards Jaxon and he looks at me impressed.
" You are 20 minutes early. Off to a good start Ms. Sannor"

" Yes Sir." Is all I say.

" Now follow me and we will get started on your position expectations.

I follow him into his office. Here we go again.