Playtime pt. 1

Rea got her house. It was white, small, simple and so wonderful. I was happy for her. But, still, her whole place seemed somehow empty and boring. Something's missing and I knew exactly what.
,,Daddy, I think we should buy Rea some toys!"
He said that we'll go some other day and added ,,Not all things must be done today!".
Very well, that means we're going to improvise until she got them.
,,Let's go" I whispered to her and she followed me, happy because she got permission to explore our big house.  I ran upstairs to my room and looked over my shoulder to see if Rea's gonna come with me. She stopped at place like a statue with her small pointy ears and a questionable look. Without any idea where am I going and should she go with me, my pup made an unsure step on first stair. Then she put her paw back.
,,Come on! Come to me, Rea!" I called her, but unsuccessful. She was still on the same place, so I left her behind, hoping that I'll find her there when I come back.
I searched in my closet for anything that can become her new toy. Plush bear Boris? No, I grew up with him; I can't just let him down. Maybe Miss Sugar the rhino? No...she's too cute. Rubber ducks? I remember when I was collecting them as a toddler. Tennis ball? Ah, it'd be perfect!
I sighed with calm when I saw Rea still waiting for me.
I threw it downstairs expecting her to catch it. She didn't. A ball bumped and kicked her on the nose, making her jump in surprise. I immediately ran to her and start softly reviling her:
,,You okay? You silly pup, you should have been ready!"
She made some unsatisfied sound through her nose which sounded like a sneeze. Is it because of a shame cause I saw her fail in reflex or because of a dogs' natural pride, she took a ball and ran away.