Chapter 12 - Revelations

I smiled, sitting next to Lucas on his bed. His grade in Chemistry was finally improving. He looked up at me as I closed my Chemistry book.

"What?" I asked, wondering why he was staring at me.

"Your dimples," he said, poking one of them with his finger. It made me smile even more, as I blushed. "I love dimples, Henry."

"Thanks Luke," I said, looking into his eyes. His hand was caressing my cheek now, his thumb rubbing over my dimple. He started moving his head, and I let him lean in and kiss me.

"Henry?"

I heard a voice, as I was pulled out of my dream. I opened my eyes to see Lucas hovering above me. I jumped, from the dream I was just having.

"You passed out after we put in 'Transformers'." Lucas stated.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I've just seen it too many times."

"That's alright," Lucas said with a smile. "You said my name in your sleep."

I started blushing, breaking our eye contact. "Sorry about that." I apologized again.

"What was your dream about?" He asked.

"Oh you know," I said, trying to play it off, "just another study session."

"Oh, alright." he said, leaving it alone.

I couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach. I prayed to God I wasn't falling for Lucas.

* * *
Lucas's POV

I invited Nate over after leaving Henry's. He seemed like the only one of my friends who wasn't being a dick right now.

"Zander has been such an asshole lately." I said, as we sat on his deck.

Nate nodded. "It's not just other classmates, he's doing it to us too." he added. "We're supposed to be his best friends."

"He needs to stop interrogating me at lunch."

"What's wrong with you being friends with Henry?" Nate asked, "He's smart, and he's helping you with your grades."

"I don't know. I think Zander just ran out of people to harass."

"Can I ask you something?" Nate said. I nodded in response. "Is Henry actually gay?"

I shrugged. "C'mon Luke," Nate said, knowing I knew the answer.

"Okay, fine." I said. "Yes." I trusted Nate to not tell anyone.

"Does he like you?" he asked.

"Well.." I started. "When I was at his house earlier he fell asleep. He started dreaming and he said my name a couple times. He mumbled "thanks Luke" and then he puckered his lips. I woke him up after that to see if he'd tell me what happened. He said we were studying."

"Ooh Henry's got a crush on you!" Nate said excitedly.

I just laughed. "So what? I have a girlfriend."

Nate shrugged. "You never know, people get curious all the time. Some people think they like girls their whole life and then find out they like boys."

I laughed again. "I don't think that's me."

I'd been with Ellen all this time, I couldn't imagine myself with a guy at this point.

"I've been open to the idea before, but I've been with El for far too long." I said. "Did you try it?" I asked, jokingly.