Algophobia

Trigger warning: Description of Injury

~Arachnophobia~

Allowing the cool, open waters to caress her body (Name) could almost pretend she were mere driftwood floating atop an empty sea. In the womb of the water, she was nothing, just another piece of inscrutable land. How lucky she was to have the small lake in such a place, for it would have been hell to stay dirty for so long. Pacified by the water, (Name)'s thoughts drifted elsewhere. Was this what it had been like to have floated upon the open sea after the crash? Perhaps... though, the feeling from then and now were different in many ways. Bitterly, she sighed.

Two weeks...(Name) had arrived on the island for nearly two weeks now and here she was, floating out on open waters as if nothing could go wrong. All this damned time and she still had nothing to show for it. No other humans had appeared within her vicinity, and this did not bode well. No matter how much (Name)'s mind tried to wrap around all that had happened, she still found herself drawing blanks on specific things. It drove her mad, but it was like she was missing a few pieces of the puzzle. Truthfully, she was lucky to be alive at this point. Between the ghost and the body snatcher with the golden eyes...she surely would have perished a long, long time ago.

Dunking her head under, (Name) let out a sputtering, pitiable laugh. She looked positively haggard in the water's reflection. Her skin was bruised, sunburnt, and dotted with scars. The scattered, discolored dots of flesh reminded her of the stars above. It was better to think positively about them than negatively, after all, she had much bigger things to worry about, like surviving the next day.

"Melada!" Came a shrill cry from behind, jolting (Name) from her stupor.

It was all so sudden. The strange feeling of black claws and another's body close to her own. What had been the cold, calm lucidity of boredom rose to a burning, hot anger. How could she forget the oddest part of her journey by far: the monster she now called a companion. His tangled locks, like the first time she'd met him, lay dripping and matted along his head. It took everything in (Name) not to hit him then and there.

"I told you before I came in not to follow me!"

Communication...it was both a blessing and a curse. Compared to when the two had first met, they were beginning to understand one another better, but that didn't mean much when he chose to ignore her. In a swift motion, the spider pulled (Name) forward, landing her smackdab against his chest, a scowl painting her face in turn.

"Ah, Melada, um essa Skiett Foervorim."

"Yeah, fuck you too Raja."

Raja...what was there to say about him? He was odd, that was for sure, though he was likely the only ally (Name) had in the accursed place. Despite how grateful she felt for meeting him, however, she could not help but feel aggravated by him all the same. He had no acknowledgement of privacy. If she were to be doing her business, he'd be right there. Washing clothes and hanging them out to dry was a communal activity and (Name) soon realized that any sense of modesty would be thrown out the window the moment she met the spider. At first, she'd been extremely irked by it, but what else was she to do? She could try to set boundaries, but it wasn't likely to get through to Raja. All she could really do was sit there and wait for her injuries to heal.

"Hey," (Name) grumbled, squirming within the creature's grasp. "I'm being serious, let me go."

Noticing her discomfort, Raja let go; however, this did little to relinquish tight space between the two. Instead of moving backward like she hoped he'd do, Raja instead waded through the water, only stopping once he was in front of his exasperated companion.