The Tower

Peter kicked the ground as the two of us continued to use the tech of Stark Tower to search for the missing super kid. It had been about three hours since we had discovered her apartment in ruin and he had demanded we do everything in our power to find her. He threw his hands up, running them through his hair violently, and blowing out a heavy frustrated sigh. I glanced over, taking in his frustrated form. There wasn't much for us to find out exactly, other than the accident at their facility about a year and a half ago and the general fall of the company, Roseaid was a thing of the past with no real criminal record. I pealed my eyes away from the screen for a moment to walk over to him and set myself down on a stool.

"Take a break kid, if we're so out of it and in our own heads that we can't think straight, she's got no chance." He closed his eyes for a moment, heeding my warning and taking a seat next to me. His head immediately found its way into his hands, causing the front of the jacket to pop out and reveal his suit underneath. "What are you thinking Peter?" He glanced over at me for a moment before returning his head to his hands.

"If we can't find anything in the worlds largest database, how in the world are we going to be able to find her? I guess I'm just finally facing the facts of the matter, she's gone and I-" His voice caught in his throat. The moment making the hero that I had seen do amazing things brake down to almost tears.

"We can't save them all kid." I placed a hand on his back, a small shudder running up to his shoulders from the soft impact.

"But she's not them all. I just wanted her to know the truth about me, you know? It's stupid, but I was so mad when you told me the truth about her Mr. Stark. I didn't know who she was, and I guess I still don't. This person.." He gestured at the wall of information that we had gathered on Carmine Simmons in front of us, "even though she isn't Rachel, she is. That's the person I know and knowing that she has powers, how she got them... I just wanted her to know that someone understood." He took in another heavy breath, looking forward and swiping a bit of dark hair out from in front of his eyes. "And that someone was me.."

I pinched my lips, images of Pepper plaguing my mind. There really was no other way to say something like that to a woman you loved, than to say it straight out and let it ride. And not always did it work. "Come one, she still has a chance while we're still giving her one." I pushed myself to my feet and stuck out a hand to the disgruntled young boy in front of me. Luckily for me, he took it. His hand firmly held mine, set solid just like his face.

With that moment of solice in the back of both of our minds, the two of us went back to work attempting to find any lead to his missing friend. My fingers ran back and forth on the board in front of me, the slight bump of the tips of my fingers on the glass was the only thing that filled my ears as the moments began to tick by, every piece of information seeming just a bit closer and so much farther away from finding that kid.

Suddenly a bright picture filled my eyes, blue sky filled with clouds, a woman in a white suit, black hair falling straight down her shoulders as she smiled in front of a small house outside of Hudson, New York. "Hey kid, come here!" I called, Peter jogging over to me and throwing himself in front of the projected image. "This is her summer house outside Hudson. If she was taking her anywhere, it would be somewhere close. That's our only lead." He bounced his head up and down, the nervous nod enveloping his angry and anxious exterior.

"Okay.. let's go."