Chapter One

Will's POV
I felt this horrible pain in my stomach.

Hurt.

I was hurt and she was gone.

Gone.

"Y/n?! Y/n!" I fell to the ground, sobbing.

She disappeared out of thin air. A thousand specks of black ash replaced y/n and the demogorgon.

I brought my knees to my chest as I cried, looking around frantically.

I guess I had hoped that what I just witnessed was just a nightmare.

I was wrong.

It was real.

She really is gone.

I looked at the fire, still lit. I grew frustrated, starting to blame myself. It was my fault. I just stood there. Doing nothing.

I at least could've grabbed a stick or something.

But I didn't.

I just stood there and let it happen. I let y/n be ripped away from me. Again.

"Why doesn't the group talk to me anymore?" she asked as we walked to class.

"I-I don't know," I lied.

The others began distancing themselves from her because she couldn't hang out with us that much. Y/n had very strict parents, so they would only allow her over at our houses for a couple hours. The campaigns took more than a couple hours, so she could never finish a game.

I tried to explain to Mike how it wasn't her fault she couldn't hang out with us, but he just brushed it off.

The only reason why I still talked to y/n was because she was fun to be around.

And I may or may not have had a crush on her.

Soon all those fun times came to an end when I got stuck in the Upside Down.

When I got back and things started to go back to normal, I never saw her around.

She was gone.

"Gone," I mumbled, staring at the spot y/n had vanished from.

"Hey, how was the date with y/n..." Mike trailed off, noticing my state.

"Will," he said, shaking me. "Will, what happened? Where's y/n?"

I stayed silent, sniffling.

"Will?" Mike repeated.

"Gone."

"What?"

"Gone!" I yelled, looking over at him.

"Will, what do you mean?" Mike questioned, still confused.

"How do you not understand, Mike?" I grimaced, standing up and walking toward my house.

"Y/n is gone," I muttered, a tear sliding down my cheek. "A demogorgon came from out of nowhere and..." I took a deep breath, turning back to him.

"A-And now she's gone."

"I'm sorry Will," Mike said.

"No!" I turned around, walking up the steps of my house. "You don't get it. I-I..." I stopped at the door.

"Nevermind. You wouldn't understand," I mumbled, opening the door.

I shut the door. Leaning up against it, I slid down, engulfed in tears.

"Honey, what happened?" Mom asked, running up to me.

"Y/n. She's gone."