A Moment in Time [Dimitri x Fem! Byleth]

Takes place a few months after the 5 year time skip. Also mentions events after chapter 9. I might make more in the future! For now I welcome you to my Dimitri TED Talk.

Byleth needs a moment to herself, to pick up the broken pieces that wound her. Now if only she can do the same for the man she loves, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd.

Well as Sothis once said, she was always reckless with her decisions. And without the goddess to lecture her, she decided to let her actions speak louder than words to the man who's language was violence.

------------------------------------------------------

Amongst the rubble, Byleth took a careful step forward. Her metal boots supporting her as she finished ascending the unstable hill. None of her students attempted to climb up here, so she took advantage of this spot to reflect.

For if she didn't, Byleth feels as though her emotions would pour out of her like a heavy stream. 

Her blank gaze wandered over the current state of Garreg Mach monastery. When her gaze came across a familiar row of tombstones illuminated by the moonlight, she clenched her fists as frustration welled inside of her.

This was all her fault…

He would still be here today if only she… if only….

She should have known something was off about Monica.

The permanent smile on her face, to the way she carried herself. Byleth should have known that she was an assassin.

But alas, she forgot her father's number one rule. She allowed her awareness to dull during her time at the monastery.

And because of her negligence, her father paid the ultimate price.

He would be a better leader for the Knights of Seiros, not her. She may be his child, but she could never best him. 

No matter how many times she willed for time to go backwards, the result was always the same. Her Father was fated to take his last breath in her arms. The truth of that still makes it hard for her to breathe. She didn't want to accept it.

For a moment, she almost directed her unadulterated anger towards Sothis. Although, as soon as that thought came, Byleth's rational side reminded her that even divine intervention has its limits.

She would still be here if she didn't let her emotions get the best of her.

Afterall, Sothis too had left her behind as well. The merging of their souls left her inner thoughts empty once again. No longer could she listen to the goddess quietly snore as she sat atop her throne. Or hum at her mindless commentary whenever a student asked for her opinion on "trivial matters" as she once said.

Leaving Byleth with more questions than answers and a sinking hole of loneliness.

Her Father who was practically glued to her side for 20 years of her life was suddenly torn away from her.

The man she always looked to for answers to situations she couldn't solve. The man who almost lost his head the first time he lent her a blade.

Her dearest father…

The goddess who tried to keep her disciplined. The divine being who was her mental alarm clock in the morning and the one who helped her construct individual lesson plans deep into the night. 

The slight grimace on her face deepened when her thoughts switched over to the state of her class. Her brow furrowed and she bit the inside of her lip. 

Her heart warmed at the thought of her students keeping their promise to meet here. She felt an odd sense of relief that at least they haven't forgotten her.