15th part

There were many struggles of being a single father, some were obvious like bedtimes, rules and keeping a calm mind even in the most difficult times. But the ones that hurt the most, were moments like these.

Jimin was clinging to his arm, tears flowing down his cheeks like waterfalls while he kept on crying that he didn't want to go to day care, and that he didn't want his daddy to leave him. It was devastating seeing his child like that, but he had no choice. The father had already made sure to take the boy's temperature because he had been whiny all morning, and because it really seemed like there was nothing the boy wanted less than go to day care. Seokjin didn't want to leave the boy, but he didn't have a fever and the father had to get to work. He could barley afford the children as it was, it would be even harder if he kept on coming too late for work.

"Honey, please. I know you don't want to go, but what about all your friends? Wouldn't they be sad if you didn't come to play with them?" Seokjin put a reassuring hand in his son's hair, carefully brushing through it to try to calm down the hysteical child. Unfortuneately his words and actions didn't help, instead it seemed like thay had only made Jimin cry harder.

"Daddy we'll be late." Hoseok said quietly from the hallway, peeking his head from behind the door and into the living room where the two others stood. "I know Seok-ah." Seokjin sighed, looking up at the clock hanging on the wall. He had three minutes till they would officially be latge. "But we'll be fine alright. Will you be a big boy and help your brother's to the car?" Hoseok nodded, scurrying off to  try to get his brother's settled. Seokjin made a note to thank Hoseok properly later.

"Jimin, honey. what is it?" The father asked, drying his son's tears with his thumb. Seeing Jimin like this, seeing any of his children like this, always hurt so much. He should wish he could stay home with the boy, but that was not an option, not when there was no valid excuse for holding him home.

"I-I d-don-don' w-wanna da-ddy." The boy could barley say anything through his hiccups. Despite heving his tears dryed away only amoment ago, new ones streamed down his cheeks, loud sobs accompanying them. Seokjin took a tight hold of his son, hugging him hard and not caring if the snot from the boy's runny nose got on his clothes. "I know sweetie. I know." He said, resuming the motion of his hand carfully brushing through the boy's soft, black locks. "But you are my big brave boy right? You need to show Tae and Kookie how brave you are so they can learn to be like that too." He didn't know if his words would help, he had tried so many approaches and he was strating to run low, and out of time. One minute left, he didn't want to risk Yoongi being late again. He knew that Jimin liked being called brave though, that he always tried to protect his brothers, especially his younger ones.

Jimin's cries reduced a little, and Seokjin could feel his little head leaning up on top of his shoulder. "I am brave?" He asked in a tiny raspy voice. "Of course you are." Seokjin said hurridly. Progress, finally, Seokjin breathed relived.

"The way you always make sure your brothers are doing fine, even me. Even though I am an adult that is supposed to take care of you. You help me out a lot Jimin-ah, you can never doubt that." When Jimin nodded, Seokjin felt his shoulders relax and he let a deep exhale leave his lips. What he had told Jimin was true, but at the same time he knew he shouldn't pressure him too much. Jimin was just a child. He should never feel that he didn't have the time to be a child because he needed to take care of others.

"Do you want to know a secret?" The father asked, adjusting the boy in his lap so he could look into the other's wide eyes. "A secret?" He asked, sniffling up a small trail of snot that had run from his nose. Seokjin leaned close to his son's ear and whispered: "Sometimes the bravest you can be is yourself. Just being Jimin can be tougher than anything and I know that your brother's look up to you no matter what. Alright?" "'alvight." Jimin confirmed back with a surprised smile. "Now, my brave Jimin, let's get going to daycare." A little relucatly Jimin stood up, drying the remains of his tears and nodding his head.

With no more trouble, except the fact that Namjoon had knocked his head into the side of the car door, they drove off, almost on time.

____

The day passed by witthout Seokjin hearing anything more from his children. He half expected to he get a call from the day care, either to come pick up a sick or crying Jimin or to get notified of the two twins fighting again, but luckily there was no trouble and Seokjin could relax his shoulders a bit. He didn't get to do that a lot because there really were many difficulties in having six children.

Seokjin hummed to himself as he took his coat off, ready to start a day of work as a waiter on a resturant.  He had considered getting a new job with a higher wage, but it wasn't that easy. As a young single parent, his plans of further education has come to a stop. He had been able to finish his last year of university before Songhee had left, but it wasn't possible for him to continue school after he one day was suddenly left alone. His dream job, that he did have the qualification for, was a chef, but the amount of  resturants in the area were limited and none of them were in need of new chefs. So he settled as a waiter in a high-end restaurant, hoping that if they did get any positions he could be a qualifant.

Until then, if then ever came, he would have to settle with his wage and whatever tips he got. Luckily all his sons were good looking and this, they got from their dad and it really paid off with young women who wanted to tip him.

With a shake of his head, the father stopped his train of thought. The tables wouldn't serve themsleves.