chapter five

The day ended faster than she expected

Evelyn couldn't seem to find Samuel.
Waiting for him, she plugged her headphones in and stood against the edged of the railing.

Samuel always grew tired throughout the afternoon and he slept in his car longer than he should.
Sitting up in his car, he rubbed his eyes, letting out a groan.

Evelyn tapped her foot to the beat of the music, until she felt herself slip from the rail.
Letting out a little scream, her knee scraped on the concrete.

An echo of laughter came from behind her, looking back she saw the girls from before.

Samuels eyes glared at the girls and landed on Evelyn.

She was sitting on the ground now, her fingers brushing over her scraped elbow and then her bleeding knee.

"I knew this town would be fucking horrible." She mumbled, standing up on her feet.

Samuel got out of his car, fixing his hair as he walked towards here.
"Are you ok?" He asked, his mind darkened when he saw the blood falling down her leg.

She looked up at him and sighed,
"I'm fine, just some real bitches." Evelyn mumbled and licked her lips.

"You should probably clean that up." He said, "We can do it at mine." He said and she nodded.

"Yeah ok, um- what's your address?" She asked.

"Oh no I'm driving you-"
"But my bi-"
"I'll put it in the back." He said and she smiled.

"Ok." She nodded and grabbed her bike, as they made the way to his car, he took the bike from her and put it in the back of the car.

"Thank for doing that." She smiled at him, when she turned to him, he handed her a clean rag.

"You just have clean rags laying around in your car?" She joked, his heart skipping a beat as she smiled up at him.

"Let's go." Samuel said to her and got in the drivers side, as she got into the passenger side.