3. Have You Moved On?

Bella stopped trying to fight Sam's commands. She went limp, her legs hanging in the air over her. She looked like a puppy. If the situation wasn't so serious, it would have been comical. I-I imprinted?

Jacob howled. They could all feel his distress. Yes. Sam growled. He leveled his dark eyes on hers. He tried not to snarl, but his muzzle pulled back in an angry display. Get up. Bella rolled over, sitting up. She padded slowly to Jacob and licked the wound she had given him. He whimpered. Sam's emotions were a mix of rage and despair. Bella felt his turmoil, and it hurt.

How do I make it stop?

You can't. Fate has chosen her for you.

I don't want this! I never felt this way before!

You weren't a wolf before.

Bella looked toward the parking lot again. Rosalie and Emmett were gone. She hates me. She hates everyone.

She won't for long. Sam spat out.

I won't cave for this. I don't want this. I won't have this and I won't have her. Bella pleaded, begging her pack and herself. Even as she sent those thoughts to the others, her heart clenched painfully in her chest at the thought of staying away from Rosalie.

Paul looked at all of them, his emotions so in turmoil the others couldn't pick them out as he went from one to the next. Sam, what do we do?

I don't know. Every wolf turned to look at Sam. He had never been unsure of himself, not for as long as Bella had been in the pack. We may have to inform the head leech.

It's none of their business. Jacob snarled, startling Bella.

That's not up to you. That's up to Bella.

They turned to her. She stared off into the woods. It's no one's business. I don't want anyone to know.

For now, that's fine. Sam turned to walk away. But Bella, at some point, they will know. He kept walking. You two, come. You can't go back to school today.

Bella and Jacob fell in line and followed silently, neither of them wanting to go to class anyways. They all made their way slowly to the res, each lost in their own thoughts when another consciousness and voice broke in. Hey, shit-eaters. I'm back. Leah's voice cut into their thoughts, and Bella yelped in joy. She tore off to where she knew Leah's mind indicated she was. Slow dow- It was too late. Bella's hulking wolf form slammed into Leah, knocking her onto her back. Bella's unbridled joy flooded the entire pack. Bella put a paw on either side of Leah's head, her laughter echoing through their link. Leah looked up at Bella from the ground. Bella licked her face, soothing where a tree branch had scraped her snout. We have really got to work on your excitement, puppy-breath.

I'm so glad you're back! Where have you been? Bella panted, her excitement seeping from her and influencing the rest of the pack. Young shifter emotions were always the most wild, and they allowed themselves to enjoy Bella's happiness. Leah had abandoned them shortly after turning. As soon as she got control of herself, only a few weeks after Bella had changed, she crept out in the middle of the night. Leah had run as far north as she could, and when she felt Sam ready to command her back, she turned human and continued on foot. She had been gone for two months, and Bella had been worried.

Canada's nice this time of year. Leah growled. Get off of me you overgrown wiener dog. Bella was knocked off Leah before she could even answer. Leah's sour attitude had no effect on Bella. She knew why Leah hurt so much, and it only made the knot in her own stomach grow larger. Seems I came back just in time for the fireworks. Seriously? Even wolf you wants a leech?