d e s c r i p t i o n

"I'm sorry, Riya," Madhan said, softly. "I was thinking about everything. About what you wrote in your diary, about our fight, and about what we should do. I'm willing to give you another chance."

    "You have nothing to feel sorry about," Riya said, shamefacedly. And she believed that too. She should have told him about Aakash in the first place. "I'm really sorry, Madhan. I shouldn't have hidden a big thing like that from you. It was wrong. But I was scared. I didn't know if you would still agree to marry me."

    "You thought right, Riya. I thought you were a great person, but honestly, I'm totally in for love marriages. I probably would have tried to convince your parents to get you married to Aakash."

   Riya felt her eyes sting. Madhan was just too wonderful to her.

   "Thank you for giving me another chance."

   Madhan nodded. "I think you are a great person. And I was angry when I said that you can't love anymore. They say pain heals over time. Can you please give us a chance?"

   Now the tears started pouring.

   "I need time, please. I don't think I can even be friends with you right now. Just consider me a housemate. I'm sorry. I really am. It's all I can offer for now."

   Madhan merely nodded. This wasn't what he wanted to hear from her. Now he was at a loss of what to do. Did he overstep the boundaries? He did, his conscience told him. The girl just admitted she loved someone. How can he ask her to love him already?

   Madhan wanted to hit his head on the wall. But for Riya's sake he complied. By this time, all his anger vanished, but he was left with sadness. A feeling of being unwanted.

x-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------x

      Riya Sharma is shipped across the world after getting married to Madhan Roy in three weeks of knowing him, being forced to leave her boyfriend of six years. Despite his charisma and sweet personality, Riya feels unattracted to him. It doesn't help that Madhan is really obese and feels insecure about his appearance. Adding a hot neighbor and Madhan's secret admirer to this already unbalanced equation erupts in chaos. Can Madhan save his marriage by learning how to woo his bride? Will Riya be able to look past his looks and fall for his personality? Read on to find out!

Author's Note:

The first three chapters will be in first person, and the rest will be in third person, with an occasional point of view somewhere during the middle.