Ch 4: Date Night

*Next morning*

*Emarie's POV*

I woke up the next day around 12, I put my glasses on and walked to my restroom to brush my teeth. After I did that I went downstairs to see the boys sitting at the island in the middle of the kitchen. "Good morning boys," I said as I poured myself a cup of coffee before getting some cereal.

They all replied with good morning and I sat down next to Ryan. "Wow Em you're wearing your glasses," Chris said shocked. "Yeah, I don't feel like wearing my contacts today so glasses it is" I replied before putting a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

I was halfway done with my cereal when Chris said something again, "That's a nice shirt" I look down at my shirt forgetting what it was. "Oh thanks, I guess" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Their guitarist used to be in ours before he quit" Balz added.

"Oh yeah, I forgot TJ was in this band before," I say before putting another spoonful of cereal in my mouth. "You know TJ?" Ricky asked. Everyone was looking at me. "Uh yeah, I know him. Is that a problem" I asked looking down at my hands.

"No Em, it's not a problem. We didn't know that you knew TJ" Ryan grabbed my hand. I blushed and stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

I finished my cereal and drank the milk after I burped loud "oof excuse me, sorry" everyone looked at me wide-eyed and clapped. "10/10 that was good" Vinny laughed.

"Thanks, I guess" I bowed.

"Hey, Ryan what time are we leaving tonight and what's the dress code," I asked.

"6:00, if that's okay with you and casual" Ryan scratched the back of his neck

"That's perfect" I went up to him and kissed his cheek.

"I'll be upstairs if you need me," I said before walking back upstairs.

*Ryan's POV*

"Sooooo where are y'all going for your date," Ricky asked me.

"Uhh I was thinking about doing a picnic at the lookout cause she doesn't seem like the super fancy dinner type," I said.

"She is but only for really special occasions. Like after high school graduation we went out to this fancy-ass restaurant because she was valedictorian" Chris said.

"I think a picnic is a great idea but what kind of food are you taking," Balz asked.

I looked at Chris for some answers. "She likes pretty much anything if you want I can help you get some stuff" He suggested.

"Please, I want this to work out. I like her" I practically begged.

Everyone awwed at me "take care of her Ry, she's been through a lot" Chris put his hand on my shoulder. "I will Chris don't worry" I assured him.

"Can we leave in about an hour or two to get the stuff?" I asked.

"Yeah, we'll go when you're ready. But for now...Mario Kart" Chris put his hands together.

"I'll go ask Emarie if she's down to play" I got up from the stool and walked upstairs.

I knocked on the door to Emarie's room and waited for her to say something before I went in.

"Hey Em we're gonna play Mario Kart, you wanna join?" I asked

"Sure I'd love to," she said before getting up from her bed and walking towards me.

"Wow she's so beautiful," I thought to myself.

"Umm thanks Ryan, you're pretty handsome yourself" She smiled at me