polar opposites (year 6) fluff

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ANY HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS. CREDS TO JK ROWLING. I OWN THE PLOT AND Y/N. COVER FROM GOOGLE. BACKGROUND IMAGE FROM A INSTA POST (CREDS TO THE OWNER).

y/n: your name
y/e/c: your eye colour
y/h/c: your hair colour
y/f/s: your favourite subject
y/h/t: your home town
y/h/c: your home country
y/h/h: your hogwarts house

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you stood in your dorm looking into the mirror with regret lacing your face, why'd you even let him kiss you, y/n? he's just some stupid bully who doesn't even like you. he's a pureblood, remember? purebloods and muggle-borns don't get only! he's not even worth your time, honestly. he only likes you for your looks, he has to. why would he liked you? you're everything he doesn't want. i mean you are a y/h/h, which he doesn't mind. but you're not even his type! why did you have to be born like this? why couldn't you be normal, like everyone else? why couldn't you just be ordinary, likable, beautiful. why'd you let yourself fall for him? you cried to yourself.

you took a seat on your bed and ripped off y/h/h's tie. you placed it in the top drawer of your nightstand, shoving it behind some random junk. you sighed deeply, falling back on your bed, maybe he does actually like you. it wasn't too dark out, so he definetely could see you. but why wouldn't he say anything before he came up to you? why'd he just randomly grab you and kiss you, y/n? has he been waiting to do that for a longtime or was he just bored? god i hope he wasn't just bored, you thought, closing your eyes.

as y/e/c eyes shut, you saw his face again, get out of my head! you ordered, sitting up abruptly, you should just talk to him and get some closer. that'll help, you concluded, leaving your dorm.

you entered the staircase to the boys dormitory and stood in place for a second. truthfully, you were nervous to talk to him about what happened. you didn't know what to say or why you even wanted to talk. you knew you wanted closer, but for what? why can't you just leave it alone, y/n! he obviously did it to play with you, you began, asshole, you finished thinking.

you stood outside his dorm, where he had kissed you the other night, holding your fist against the wood. you were too anxious to knock, as you were completely unprepared for what was about to happen. you worked up the courage and accidentally pounded on the door loudly.

"y/n? what're you doing here?" he asked, opening the door.

"hey, draco, i came to talk to you. a-about last night..." you admitted, not looking up at him.

he sighed heavily, loosening his green tie, "come in," he invited, pointing to the bed.

you took a seat immediately and watched as he stood in front of you, "is something wrong?" you wondered, finally looking at him.

"it's you," he replied, walking over to you, "there's something about you..."

"something bad? if there is, please tell me! i want to know what you're thinking, draco,"

"it's not bad,"

"look, while you figure this out... i need to talk to you. why'd you kiss me? do you like me or something?"

"what do you think? why would i kiss you, y/n?"

"to mess with me?"

"you said it yourself. i like you,"

"but, w-why? i'm a muggle-born, and you're a pureblood. plus, your father would never approve!"

"that's the problem! i don't know why i like you! it doesn't make sense,"

you stood up and walked over to him. you placed a hand on one of his shoulders, rubbing it lightly, "what do you want to do about it?" you questioned, standing closer to him.

"do you like me?" he spoke, turning around quickly.

you hadn't really thought about it clearly. you had clearly avoided the subject, almost never agreeing on how you felt, you can't like him! it's bad enough he likes you, but you liking him back? you've lost your mind, y/n! you've gone bloody mad! he isn't nice, he isn't even your type! what even is your type? whatever it is, it isn't him. you don't want to be with him. he doesn't like people like you... but he likes you. the point is, it's not him you like! i'm sure there's another guy in school who you'll fall for! there's plenty of good looking guys in your class even. just don't say you like him! things will get so messy, you lectured yourself, "i-i-" you tried to speak, standing perfectly still.

"i wouldn't expect you to. you should probably leave, let me think this through," he declared, grabbing onto the doorknob.

shit, y/n! if you don't tell him how you feel, you'll lose him! is that what you want? you argued.

"y/n? did you hear me? i said you should go," he repeated, beginning to turn the handle.

"no, please. let me say one more thing," you begged, snapping out of your thoughts.

he nodded, letting go. he stood in front of you, grabbing your arm. he sat you down beside him on the bed, intrigued to hear what you had to say.

"ilikeyoutoo!" you blurted, visibly blushing.

you're killing yourself! you screamed to yourself, "i like you too. i didn't know i truly did until you kissed me last night. i was so surprised that it made me realize my true feelings. i had actually came over here to talk to you about why you did it, but now i'm confessing. not really what i was planning, but i-" you began, being cut off by him kissing you.

"it's fine. i'm just glad you're here," he exclaimed, kissing you again.

you had to admit you were surprised, as usual. however, you definetely weren't complaining though.

"i liked you ever since we'd met in class on the first day in first year. i just couldn't tell you until i was sure you liked me back," he explained, stroking your hair.

you smiled, a slight blush evident on your cheeks, "that's sweet. i always thought you were mean and hated me. but now that i look back, you never did..."

"did i seriously come off as mean? i was particularly nice to you. i always helped you pick up your books-"

"after you hit them out of my hands,"

"i couldn't show it. you understand that, though..."

"i do. it could've ended badly if you did. especially since back then i didn't feel the same as i do now. i might've not been so nice,"

"then i guess it's good that i waited,"

you nodded, leaning onto his chest.

he layed down, letting you sleep on him, "goodnight, y/n," he whispered, grabbing your waist.

"goodnight, draco," you replied, putting your hand around his neck.