Chapter Seven

Eliana

'Are you excited Elly-Bear?' Demi asked, picking me up and swinging me around, 'I am!'

I sighed, Demi was performing at a charity event tonight, and as no one else was home, I had to go with her. When she told the organizers, they asked if I'd sing with her. It'll be my first time on stage since I played Matilda on broadway.

Demi was so excited, she'd gone out at the last minute and brought a designer dress for me to wear on stage. If I was being at all honest, I was still upset about what happened last week with Madison, I hadn't spoken to her or Dallas all week, even though I knew it wasn't Dallas's fault.

'Dallas told me what happened the other week' Demi said, zipping the back of the dress up, 'you know we don't think you're a baby, right?'

I rolled my eyes, 'it doesn't matter anymore, I'm over it'

Demi sighed, turning me around and bending down to my level, 'but it does matter, because you've not spoken to Dallas or Maddie since it happened'

I huffed, 'it doesn't fucking matter Demi, I just don't feel like being around anyone right now'

She pulled me into her embrace, 'please tell me what's going on Elly-Bear, I can help, I'll do my best to'

'You said that last time' I crossed my arms, looking away, 'in fact, you said that two weeks ago and yet seemingly this is the first time I've seen you since then'

Demi sighed, looking in the mirror and fixing her hair, 'I'm busy Elly, but that doesn't mean I don't care' she took her brunette hair out of the messy bun, then redid it, 'you can always call me'

I grabbed my own mirror, Demi had brought in a stylist, but apparently she didn't like her style of bun, so Demi of course had to fix it, 'you don't even answer your phone ninety percent of the time,' my hair was massive, filled with curls, just the way I like it, 'it's fine for you to not want to be there for me, I get it, but please, just tell me that now'

Demi whipped her head around, 'I answer my phone!' she yelled defensively, 'and I want to help you Eliana, you can't tell me that you've been relentlessly bullied but then say it doesn't matter because you're used to it' she was getting angrier by the second, 'that's not how life works, especially because I know it's affecting you enough to make you take a blade to your arm'

'Once Demi! That was once and I swore I would never do it again' I screamed back, 'You wouldn't have even noticed if it weren't for Dallas'

I was angry, she had no right to tell me how I felt about the situation, to stick her nose in business that isn't hers to worry about, 'once is enough Elly-Bear' she said softly, slowly approaching me, 'and I know I've been horrible to you in the past, but I want to be here for you now'

Demi wasn't going to give up, and we had to perform together tonight, so I leant forward into her and wrapped my arms around her, 'I love you Dems'

She smiled widely, her whole demeanor changing, 'I love you too Elly-Bear'

-

The event was bigger than I first anticipated, the park we were performing in was at full capacity and it's not a small park. From what I'd heard, the Jonas Brothers were reuniting for a special performance, and Selena was coming out of hiding to perform too, so I could only assume it was some Disney Channel charity fundraiser. My assumptions were confirmed when Demi took me to meet Zendaya, who must I say, I was completely star struck by.

You could hear all the screaming fans out in the crowd, and it wasn't set to start for at least another half-hour. I'd never been this nervous before, I was barely even a Disney Channel star, nobody will want to see me perform, even if it is a duet with Demi.