deserve - angst

bakugou did it. he was finally able to break deku. the deku that was oh so passionate about becoming the #1 hero has lost all hope.

anyone that knew deku before could confirm he changed. there could be days he would walk into a classroom and you could feel such a positive mood change.

now, he just brings the negativity. the classroom was just so pitiful without the ray of sunshine being there.

everyone then began investigating, trying to find out what happened.

"hey, deku! wanna go to a cafe later?"

"midoriya, would you like to join me in training?"

and so on and so forth but nothing would get him back the way he was. of course, he still had manners so he would accept the hang out request but it wasn't the same.

without him and his rambling it was always quiet.

without him literally sparkling, it was dull and gray.

every aspect about him was gone.

thanks to bakugou.

it even got to the point where teachers and pro hero's who knew deku were even getting concerned.

"you know the boy with the green hair, kinda short, he seems so,,depressed now"

"yeah he used to ask for all of our autographs but now he passes us like we're just normal civilians. not to gloat or anything."

"i wonder what could've happened"

conversation could go out about the poor boy but nothing would bring him back.

he was walking home from another yet boring class. hands in his pockets as he looked down to the ground in sorrow.

he then heard a familiar voice "oi, nerd."

how could he ever forgot it?

he stopped and turned around to see what the taller boy could possibly want today.

"what the hell is up with you?"

he shrugged his shoulders

"what so are you mute now? you have a mouth for a reason."

"pardon me" he cleared his throat "nothing kacchan! am i doing something wrong?" he exclaimed, mocking his old self.

bakugou looked at him "hah?"

"what the fuck?" he started

"don't take this the wrong way, but are you okay" he genuinely asked the boy in front of him.

"yup." he replied "now if that was all you asked for, i'm going to go back to what i was doing."

"don't ignore me idiot, something is obviously wrong with you. and what could you possibly be doing that i'm in the way of? you're just walking."

"well for starters, i'm minding my business."

he was so daring, but he knew bakugou. he's all bark no bite. sure, he'll say he will kill you but think of the reputation he'd have after actually murdering someone who's completely innocent.

he'd be put into public shame every time he stepped foot outside.

"say that again and i'll kill you" bakugou got into his regular character, threatening.

deku turned around to walk right up into bakugou's face "do it then" he said as he looked bakugou in the eyes.

bakugou looked down at him, his hand in deku's face, if he was to start up his quirk, it surely would have a disastrous effect but he couldn't, he couldn't start any explosion.

deku held the same lifeless expression, no sign of guilt, pity, loaf, you name it, there was nothing. his green eyes looks into the red ones above him, waiting for world to go blank.

but it didn't happen.

"what's wrong bakugou? can't keep your promises?" deku smartly said as he still looked him in the eyes.

all bakugou could do is stay frozen, he couldn't malfunction. the boy in front of him. it wasn't deku.

deku wouldn't have a death wish.
deku wouldn't be so smartassed.
deku wouldn't be so lifeless.

all bakugou could do was think of things deku wouldn't do.

..because this really wasn't his deku

"what the hell" he said as his voice started breaking. he engulfed the boy in a hug, making deku's eyes widen due to the sudden embrace.

bakugou started crying "i don't know what the fuck or who the fuck this is but this isn't the deku i know. the deku i know wouldn't be like this. he wouldn't be so effected by someone as weak as me. he wouldn't be this. whoever the actual hell this is," he sniffled as he let his emotions out on the boy he was holding

"give me back my deku." he finished as cried into the boy's chest.

deku stood there, just frozen in place. he didn't know what to say.

"DAMMIT SAY SOMETHING." he lashed out, he didn't know what to feel. he's never been so vulnerable.

deku sniffled, he was starting to cry as well. he was so emotionally broken it was like his body shut down and all it could do was cry.

bakugou looked up as he heard a sniffle, seeing the disaster.

deku dropped down to his knees, he couldn't do this anymore. he wanted to be back to himself but he couldn't. he tried and tried but having someone like bakugou in your life for such a long time makes that damn near impossible.

but the things is, it's not bakugou's fault.

it was no ones.

the world is to put to blame. this cruel world treating whoever it wants, whenever it wants like shit.

"why" deku spoke,

"why me" he spoke again.

he didn't deserve this. he shouldn't have to experience something that is literally tearing him apart. no one should.

but no one really gets what they deserve anymore.
———————————————————————————
the day someone gifts me with the ability to write will be a blessed day

x