Ch14

Izuku silently studied as they had a big test coming up. He looked up and saw Katsuki not sitting in his seat. Shoto had then filled his sight. He went back to studying.

"So, how were your days off?" Shoto asked quietly.

"Pretty good. I think we're finally starting to understand each other." Izuku replied as he thought of acronyms.

"Do you mind if I get serious with you for a moment? I'd prefer to talk in private. I swear it's not about Bakugo." Shoto said quickly.

"Make it quick. I don't want to fail." said Izuku as he followed him out.

They walked a bit away from the classroom before he spoke.

"I was out of line that night. When I kissed you. I wanted to apologize that night but you completely disappeared on me. I tried the next morning but you were already gone. Sending a text is hardly appropriate for this kind of situation. So, from the depths of my heart, I apologize." explained Shoto with a sorrowful look.

"Why'd you do it? What made you think I'd be okay lip locking with a guy? Do you even know my orientation?" Izuku asked in disappointment.

"I was trying to get back at Bakugo without bullying him. I know he likes you in that way, so I figured I'd get you to like me instead. Believe it or not, I kind of like you too. I think..." Shoto said with a heavy sigh. "I liked the kiss. I know that..."

Izuku clasped his hands together with a sigh, knowing he was probably making the mistake of a lifetime. He'd probably learn later on when it was too late.

"Shoto, I like the way things are between us. The friendly flirts and teases, the conversations, the small gestures of familiarity. I like the us of now. I'm sorry, Shoto." Izuku replied coolly without missing a beat.

"It's Bakugo isn't it?" Shoto asked with a knowing look. "You can deny it all you want, but I see how you look at him. It's completely different than before."

"Stop it. There's nothing going in between us. Stop being bitter and prejudice against him." Izuku said defensively.

"You're going to look up and realize I was right. Don't fall for him. That's just asking for trouble." said Shoto before walking back to the classroom.

Izuku opened the classroom door and was face to face with Katsuki. Did he do something wrong? He didn't look upset, but he didn't look happy either.

"What did he say to you?" Katsuki asked as he followed him back to his seat.

"Stop being nosy and study." said Izuku as he buried his face in his notes.

"Deku, tell me..." Katsuki said softly.

Izuku felt goosebumps on his arms. Hearing Katsuki call him Deku had a different kind of effect this time around. A name he used to detest was given a new life by the both of them. He looked at Katsuki who awaited an answer.

"I told him I like him. I mean, I told him I like you. I mean, I told him I like the way things are!" said Izuku quickly then hid behind his book. "Embarrassing..."

"You're okay with me calling you Deku?" he asked curiously.

"As long as you don't mean it in the derogatory way." Izuku mumbled as his face was still flushed from messing up his words.

"Of course not. You're my precious Deku after all." said Katsuki happily, purposely teasing him.

"Go back to studying!" Izuku exclaimed as he couldn't focus.

Katsuki laughed happily as he ruffled his hair before rejoining Denki's group. Izuku fanned his face in hopes it'd cool him down.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗