v o i c e s

⚠️⚠️TRIGGER WARNING - SELF HARM⚠️⚠️

I ran as fast as I could, hitting low hanging tree branches and leaves on my way plowing through the woods. Although, I don't know what I was running from. Maybe it was the fear of heartbreak, or maybe it was the paranoia that always seemed to be at my side. The small little whispers that travel through my mind as tears swell and fall from my eyes drive me insane.

You'll never be fucking good enough

Next thing I know I'm on the ground, my face shoved in the dirt almost as if I was being held there by the weight of my guilt.

Why don't you care about anyone except yourself?!

I think back on the past year of my life, and I start to sob. Staring at the scars placed so elegantly over my skin, line after line of torture and pent up anger drawn out. Sob after sob escaped my pale lips as I curled up on the ground, feeling another piece of my soul escape my body. Is this what death feels like, I wonder to myself. I shook my head, taking deep breaths as I sat up off the ground. My eyes were closed tight, daring anymore tears to escape.

You're weak.

You're right, I thought as I took a blade out of my front pocket. I've given up too many times.

I looked up at the sky. The stinging only lasted a moment, after that was pure warmth.

I smiled, then blackness.