1

Y/n sits at the foot of her bed in the Avengers compound. 3 weeks ago Thanos snapped his fingers and half of the universe disappeared. The last three weeks hadn't been easy for the daughter of Tony Stark. Given that her father and boyfriend were both on a completely different planet at the time of the dusting, y/n was struggling to cope with the idea of both being gone. So much so that she spent 90% of her time locked away in her room, refusing to exit and eat. Y/n/n's focus suddenly shifts to the glass of water left on her desk by Steve. The water begins to fall over the sides as the desk shakes. It's a slight shake before it becomes stronger. She glances out the window to see Captain Marvel land a ship on the field outside of the compound. Y/n stands and quickly sprints out the door and through the compound.
Steve, Natasha, Bruce, and Rhodey walk out looking at the ship as Captain Marvel lands the spacecraft. The landing gears deploy as they touch down. The entry hatch opens, and Tony and Nebula walk out, Tony being supported by Nebula. Steve runs to Tony to help him stand. Tony grips Steve's arm as he joins him.
"I couldn't stop him." Tony says, almost out of breath.
"Neither could I." Steve responds softly.
Tony lowers his voice as he speaks. "I lost the kid."
"Tony, we lost."
"Is ummm...Tony questions before Pepper runs up to him and Steve.
"Oh my God!" Pepper exclaims as she wraps Tony in a hug.
"It's okay." Tony tells her as they begin walking to the compound.
"Dad!?" Y/n shouts as she runs over at a normal running pace.
"Y/n." He softly smiles as his daughter hugs him. Tears softly welling in his eyes as y/n cries into his chest. After a few moments, y/n pulls back and looks around.
"Where's... where's Peter?" Tony says nothing as he looks at his daughter with pain and regret. "Dad..." She looks hum in the eyes and breaks into a sob. "No. No, no, no, no, no." She cries as she collapses to the ground. Tears falling down her cheeks as she cries. Tony slowly lowers himself and pulls his daughter into his embrace.

In the Avengers Compound, the team is gathered in the main living area.
"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey says while initiating the hologram showing every avenger who vanished during the snap. Tony sits with an IV in, watching intently. Peter's picture suddenly pops up before him and he brings in a sharp breath.
"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures." Nat explains.
"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asks.
"We don't know." Steve tells him. "He just opened a portal and walked through."
"What's wrong with him?" Tony questions, addressing a sullen looking Thor.
"Yeah, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but there's a lot of that's goin' around, ain't there?" Rocket responds.
"Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear." Tony sasses.
"Maybe I am." Rocket sasses back.
"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep Space scans, satellites, and we got nothing." Steve sighs before continuing. "Tony, you fought him."
"Who told you that?" Tony asks, surprised. "I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the store. That's what happened. There was no fight."
"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates?" Steve asks, remaining calm.
"Pfft! I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming."
"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus." Steve calmly responds.
"And I needed you. As in past tense. That trumps what you need. It's too late buddy. Sorry. You know what I need?" Tony stands, pushing things off the table with a clatter.
"Dad—"
"I need to shave. And I believe I remember telling you, Cap—" Tony begins to yank the IV out of his arm.
"Tony, Tony, Tony, stop!"
"Otherwise what we needed was a suit of armor around the world! Remember that? Whether it impacted our precious freedom or not- that's what we needed!" Tony tells Steve, completely ignoring the pleas of his best friend and daughter.
"Well, that didn't work out, did it?"
"I said, "we'll lose". You said, "We'll do that together too." And guess what, cap? We lost. You weren't there. But that's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact? We're the Avengers, we're the Avengers. Not the Prevengers, right?"
"Okay, you made your point. Just sit down, ok?" Rhodey gently grabs Tony's shoulders to make him sit down.
"Nah, nah, nah." Tony refuses, pushing Rhodey away. "Here's my point."
"Dad, sit down. Please."
"She's great, by the way. We need you. You're new blood." Tony says to carol.
"Tony!"
"Bunch of tired old mills! I got nothing for you, cap! I got no coordinates, no clues, no plan, no options. Zero. Zip. Nada. No trust. Liar." Steve stands, looking affected by Tony's words. After a moment of the two just staring at each other, Tony rips his Arc Reactor from his chest and shoves it into Steve's hand.
"Here, take this. You find him, and you put that on. You hide." Tony falls to the ground. Steve is by his side and everyone is starting to gather.
"I'm fine. I..." Tony starts to push everyone away but collapses, completely unconscious.
"Dad?!" Y/n shouts.
"Tony?"

Tony lays in bed, hooked up to a few monitors and a new IV. Pepper leaves the room to talk to Bruce for a few moments, leaving y/n alone with her father.
"God dad, you really are that stubborn huh?" She laughs. "Its like you don't care how it'll affect us if something happens to you." She sighs before removing her glasses. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone. I love you dad." She sets her glasses down before walking out towards the hanger.
"You really going to do this, kid?"
"Let me go Steve." Y/n says.
"But what do you think your dad is going to say when he finds out what you did?"
"I don't care. If you had an option to not live without the love of your life would you take it?" Steve stands silent. "Bucky went under because he couldn't trust his own mind. I can't trust myself right now, it's the best option right now." Steve sighs, pulling y/n into a hug. "Promise you'll come get me if things change?"
"I promise." They step away from the hug and y/n hops on to the jet and sets course for Wakanda.