1 - Anxiety

Ozzy's POV

I glanced around nervously at the students gathered around the courtyard. I was anxiously waiting for Ben and Mal to get here so that Carlos could leave and come right back to me.

"Hey," Carlos interrupted as I ran my hands over my dress. "We'll be okay, Ozzy."

"That's what Evie told me when you guys took Ben and I to the Isle, and we both got captured." I reminded, scanning the crowd for Mal and Ben. "As much as I want to give more kids a chance, I don't like you guys going back there."

"You did a really good job decorating the courtyard." Carlos changed the subject. I rolled my eyes but nodded.

"Well, it's not everyday your best friends get engaged to each other." I whispered. Carlos grinned and wrapped an arm around me. "She better say yes."

"She will," Carlos said. "Stop worrying. She loves Ben."

"If she says no, all the planning Belle and I did will have been for nothing." I huffed. Carlos shook his head at me before leaning down and kissing the side of my head. 

"I love you." He hummed. I looked up at him and smiled.

"I love you, too." I replied. Suddenly, the cheers of the students amplified, and Doug and the band started playing. I turned away from Carlos and locked eyes with Ben. He looked at me nervously, so I nodded at him and gave him a thumbs up. Fairy Godmother held her arm out, stopping Mal from stepping off the platform. I glanced nervously up at Adam, who smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Bippity-boppity," Fairy Godmother spoke into her microphone. "One-two, one-two. Can everybody hear me?"

The students cheered in response as Jane said yes from behind me. I turned and smiled softly at her, and she returned the smile in kind. Fairy Godmother handed the microphone to Ben.

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother." Ben sighed. "What's up Auradon?"

I rolled my eyes at my best friend as the crowd cheered.

"Thank you, thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals." Ben smiled. "They'll be here soon."

I squeezed Carlos's hand, and he squeezed mine back.

"Relax." He whispered, pecking my cheek. I nodded and looked up at Ben and Mal.

"It worked out pretty well for the first four." Ben said.

"Yeah," Chad scoffed. "Especially for you."

"Can it, Charming." I snapped at him as Audrey literally snapped at him. Ben grabbed Mal's hand and I grinned in anticipation.

"Mal, this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago." Ben said, gazing into Mal's eyes. "I feel like I've known you my whole life. But did I mention, I'm in love with you?"

Doug started playing his guitar and Carlos and I ran to stand beside him and Evie. Jay joined us next, and we started singing background for Ben.

"I met this girl who rocked my world, like it's never been rocked." Ben sang to Mal. "And now I'm living just for her, and I won't ever stop. I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me. But look at what you've done, you got me down on my knee."

Ben handed the microphone to Carlos and pulled the velvet ring box out of his pocket. I wiped tears from my eyes as Ben spoke.

"Mal, it's you and me. It's you and me forever." Mal gasped as Ben popped open the box. "Will you marry me? Will you be my queen?"