Chapter- 01

There is a huge difference between what a person wants and what a person needs. When a kid asks for a cone of ice cream in snowy weather. It's something he wants. But when his mother brings him a bowl of hot chicken soup, that's something he needs. Sure at that time he might not understand the nuance. But the next day when he wakes up and feels better. And he realizes how much the soup helped.

And even as an adult, we can not ask for the things we need. We always go for things we want. Because wanting things we need is boring, plain, simple and easy. And we don't want a life that's any of those things. But while chasing an exciting and miraculous life we forget how beautiful simple things can be. Because no matter how anticipating your life is, but you do not want a complicated life.

I had no idea why I was thinking about all those things. Because I was half an hour late for my friend Cathy's baby shower. And when I say a friend what I mean is a person with whom I have shared every stage of my life with her. She lived next door, we started school together, our first crush was the same guy. And we even went to the same college. And even though we opted for different courses. She took medicine and I went for fashion. But we were still inseparable.

Sometimes we would make jokes about how she can help me get some pills and I can give her some fashion tips. We moved to New York for college. And for the first six months of college, we had the same routine, we would drive to college and then we would meet in the cafeteria between classes. And we would drive home together and in the evening we would sit on our balcony and drink and talk. And it was all the fun we needed. We never got bored with each other's company. But nothing stays the same forever.

Somewhere around the second semester, Cathy met the guy Ian Morgan. He studied in our college, but he was one of Cathy's seniors. Ian is one of those guys you fall in love instantly, even after knowing that you will get hurt. He was charismatic, had an athlete body and was one of the brilliant students of his class. Like any other iconic love story, they also started with friendship.