Chapter 4 : A Mind Full of Questions

The engagement date was fixed 15 days from the day the relation was fixed. The very next day after the relation was accepted by both the families, the family priest of the groom's side had announced that the shubh muhurat for the engagement was after 15 days. The families immediately jumped into the preparations for the engagement. Vishaka felt that Sameer and Naina should get to know each other more and, hence arranged frequent meets for them. Sometimes Naina would come to Sameer's place as part of engagement preparations or Sameer would go to Naina's place and Vishaka even arranged for them to meet alone outside the house.

The first meet Vishaka planned for them was sameer taking Naina out. As this request came the groom's side, Naina's family obliged to them, though Taiji did not approve much of this meeting, away from their house and families.

Sameer had brought his car to pick Naina and she sat in the front seat not before hearing a lecture from Taiji as to how she should behave with Sameer, the distance that she needs to maintain from him, the way she needs to call him and finally reminding her that Agarwal's izzat was in her hands.

Sitting in the car, thousands of questions were running in her head, where was he taking her, why did he accept the relation, will he really live up to his promise, etc. Amidst all this Naina didn't realize when the car stopped they reached their destination. She looked out of the car window and found it to be parked outside a public garden. Stepping out from the car she walked towards the entrance when a voice stopped her. "Naina wahan nahi, road cross karna padega. Aao." Naina blinked in confusion and looked at the opposite side to find a temple. She was suprised that he was actually taking her to a temple rather than the garden. 

They crossed the road together and removed their footwear and climbed the steps and reached in front of the Ganesh idol.  Closing their eyes they prayed that whatever they have chosen, should be proved as the best decision. After taking the Aarti, Sameer rang the bell and both of them sat in the corner of a step. "Yahi soch rahi ho na ki hum mandir kyu aaye. Main chahta tha ki hamare iss rishte ka shuruat bhaghwan ke ashirwad ke saath ho."  Naina just smiled at him. "Naina main ek aur baar tumse pooch raha hoon, tum iss rishte ke liye sure ho right? Apne mann mein joh bi baat hai bol do."   "Haan Sameer main sure. Pehle toh mujhe kuch samajh mein nahi aa raha tha, lekin tumne joh kaha maine uss par ghor kiya aur mujhe bhi lagta hai ki yahi sahi hai. Par....."   "Par kya?", Sameer saw her face change to confusion.  "Sameer kya tum sure ho matlab ki main kissi aur se...."  "Naina", he said taking her hand in his.  "Main hundred percent sure hoon. Par mera ek shart hai."   "Ka....kaisa shart", she started panicking, obviously he would have certain conditions and restrictions. "Shart yeh hai ki tumhe puri zindagi meri acchi aur sacchi dost banke rehna hoga. Ek aisi dost jiske saath main kuch bhi share kar sakta hoon, ek aisi dost joh hamesha meri saath degi."

Naina stared at him with disbelief. This man was full of surprises. What had she though and what had he said. She thought he will put some conditions like not to speak with her often, not to meet her often, etc. But he had just expected her to be his good friend throughout his life.

Naina tightened the hold around his hand and said with a smile on her face, "Mujhe yeh shart manzor hai. Main promise karti hoon ki main hamesha tumhare saath ek acchi dost banker rahoongi, main promise karti hoon ki hamesha tumhara saath doongi. Jaise tumne mujhe samjha aur mujhe accept kar liya main bhi promise karti hoon ki main kabhi bhi tumhe judge nahi karoongi, tumhe samjhongi. Promise."

"Ab chalein tumhari taiji ka BP level high hota jaa raha hoga."   "Haan chaltein hain", Naina chuckled as she replied.  Somehow this visit to the temple had calmed her down. It gave answers to most of her questions. It gave her the confidence in her new relation and above all her trust in Sameer increased.

Samaina FF : Can I Love Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें