Chapter 3: The Tour

Cheryl POV:

Something in me needed her around. I knew she wasn't comfortable coming into my girlfriends and I house, but she still entered with a smile. I hate to admit it, but the few hours I've spend with her at pops we're some of the best I've had in years. Part of me didn't want this bliss to end.

As we entered through the large doors I walked right through the living room and I went in the kitchen. "I can give you a tour later, have a drink with me first" I said as I began to open a bottle of wine I had sitting on the counter.

"I probably shouldn't, I need to get going soon anyways, long day tomorrow" Toni told me.

"One drink won't do anything! Besides it'll make the tour more interesting" I said as I began to fill another glass. I really wanted her to stay longer. Whenever Ashley was away for business I always felt so lonely in this house. Something about Toni brought me ease. Maybe after everything, we could still have a friendship, I mean she was my best friend after all.

Toni grabbed the glass with a smile. "Fine. But only because this is my favorite wine" she said raising her eyebrow playfully. "Now show me around!"

I knew a part of her didn't want to leave. I chuckled and grabbed my glass "right this way". She shook her head laughing as she followed my lead. I showed the house, ending with the living room that I had rushed her through upon entering.

"And finally, we have the living room.. obviously" I said with my usual sarcasm.

Toni walked around the room observing the details and pictures I had on the walls. There weren't many, just a few of nana Rose, childhood pictures of Jason and I, And a few others. She stopped at one picture which was of me sitting on a motorcycle.. her motorcycle. My heart sank realizing I still had that up. She just stared at it touching the frame lightly until she spoke.

"Wow Cher, what a beautiful picture. You must of had an amazing photographer" she teased knowing she was the one that took the picture.

"Yeah only the best, I hear she's some top notch photographer working for the Good Day Times now" I teased back.

"I really miss that bike" Toni said with a bit of sadness in her voice and a pouting face.

"Why don't you have it anymore? You loved that thing more than anything. She was your best girl" I told her laughing.

"Well I needed some money for an apartment, and hey, that's not true! I loved that bike but SHE wasn't my number 1 girl". Instantly realizing what she just said she tried to recover "I mean, umm". She flustered, not actually able to make a sentence as she looked down horrified.

Hearing those words warmed my heart a little, and seeing her fluster around trying to speak made me just laugh.

"Calm down Toni, it's just a bike" I said trying to change the subject and lighten the mood.

"I need more wine" she said holding her glass out. Toni was trying to drink the embarrassment away.

"Are you sure? You said you have a long day tomorrow" I asked

"I'll be fine, actually do you have anything stronger?" She said as she walked over to the kitchen. I wasn't sure why she needed a drink so bad. It was just a picture...

Toni POV:

Something about that picture made my nerves go through the roof. Why did she have it? Was it to remember me? I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Staring at it brought back so many memories of that day. How we rode my bike to the mountains, took pictures, and just consumed ourselves with one another. I just remembered how much I used to love her. A feeling came over me I couldn't understand. So the only thing I could do was ask for another drink, maybe that would calm my nerves. She opened up her cabinet and took out a bottle of tequila.