𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖍𝖚𝖒𝖆𝖓.

TO BE HUMAN.

this is what I like
about photographs.
they're proof that once,
even if just for a heartbeat,
everything was perfect.

IF SHE WAS BEING HONEST, Evanora would say that the worst thing to ever happen to her was losing her the family cat when Rupert died of old age when she was eleven. Not to say that the death of her mother left her with no tears, it was just that Evanora and Juliana Hathaway had a very complicated relationship. Juliana was subject to The Council, an Elder who sought to give guidance to witches around the globe and this often took up a majority of her time and because of her status, she always looked down upon Evanora and placed pressure on her daughter to take her place once she retired.

But, of course, Juliana never reached the proper age of retirement before a demon went after her and, tragically, she was killed. So seventeen and orphaned, Evanora is brought into the care of her new whitelighter, Colleen Fellows, who moves them to Hilltowne, Michigan where she knows absolutely no one and she has to start her senior year of high school alone. And it sucks because Colleen is always drilling the importance to practice her magic and memorize spells when she already has to memorize vocab words and she has absolutely no friends at all.

The only good thing to come out of Hilltowne is Marisol Vera, another elder who was close to her mother before her death. Marisol sought to teach her the ways of a witch from an unorthodox one, teaching her everything about magic that she was keeping from her daughters, who had their powers bound for reasons that not even Evanora knew. All she knew was that Mel, the oldest, didn't like her because she was new and seemed to know her mother very well and Maggie, the youngest, was in her grade and one of her only new friends.

But with the stress of being a witch and the emphasize placed on it, sometimes Evanora forgot what it was like to indulge in human pleasures. Colleen focused solely on her abilities and her magic that she forgot that the young girl had a human life. Thank God that Maggie never forgot it, though, teaching her exactly how to be human in such a magic infested world.

cast !

cast !

EVANORA HATHAWAY
( sofia carson )

EVANORA HATHAWAY ( sofia carson )