1.

"I'm going on run" I yell back as I haul ass out of the front door

"I'm going on run" I yell back as I haul ass out of the front door. I don't wait to hear my brothers reply. Either way Bryan went on his run earlier. I just need to get it out of my system right now before I have to show up for one of my jobs.
The sun is set to start raising at 6:45am so I have a solid one hour to explore in peace. I set my gym bag on top of the boulder my cousins and I pushed here. This is our assigned entrance to the forest and where we place our belongings before heading into the wilderness. Which isn't really that wild for us. This is our setting, this is our home.
        I take my clothes off and drop them on top of the boulder. Feeling the cool breeze of this November morning feels quite refreshing. I crack my neck and stretch my arms across my body. With a single blink, my eyes begin to adjust and focus. It changes my eye color and now I'm able to see at a greater distance than my human eyes. My senses begin to change quick too, I can clearly hear my brother at the house stepping down the stairs. I can smell the berries that are overgrowing further into the forest. My back arches and my bones begin to crack. My black fur spurts out and in less then a minute I'm on all fours.
        My bear begins to relax as we run along the trail my cousins and I created. I feel free and refresh in my element. Until a strong force pushes me on my side. After getting up I growl and search for the culprit. I heard him and smelled him but since I know it was Roland I didn't care. I thought he was going to join my run and not push me that mother fucker.

**Son of bitch where are you hiding?** I growl in my head. I see him standing behind some bushes.

**Hahahaha my bad*** he lifts his hands up.

**Fuck you** I mind link. My bear can and will destroy him. I begin to stomp towards him.

**Hey I'm just playing bro** Roland starts to back up. Trying to get away from me. His eyes keep looking around like he's thinking of a way to get out of it. But it's too late he angered my bear.

**Oh I'll show you playing** I grin from the inside.

**HEY HEY, wait give me a minute. The cabin got some sweet girls. They are unpacking. It looks like there are staying for awhile**

**Im still kicking your ass** I fumble towards him we land on the ground. Rolling in the dirt I punch his stomach and he bites my arm. I growl to make him stop. It doesn't hurt since we're just playing around but his teeth dig enough to make me bleed a bit. He laughs and I punch him again. This time with much force.

**Dam have you had enough?** Fucking wussy. Gives up real quick.

**Yes, now let's go check out those girls** I push off him and stand up against a tree.

____________

        We walk back to the boulder and put some clothes on. Roland and I start to walk through the trail again, but take the left side where it divides and leads to the back side of the cabins. The other trail takes you to a stream.
        "You working later?" Roland hunches down and ties his shoes. I wait for him and look around. "Na I finished repeating Dons kitchen. So I'm going to start Monday on Linda's back porch, but I need to swing by and takes some measurement later" Roland stands up and we continue to walk down the trail. I don't know if it's just a bear thing but being out in the forest breathing fresh air, and being away from the big city it just feels good. Specially at night when you're able to appreciate the silence and bright starry nights.
"You got plans tonight?" I ask since I'm sure that's what he was asking. I usually pass the party weekends at my home while the guys go out and have fun, drinking. "Yeah man, I was thinking of getting the bon fire going tonight, and since my house is closer to the cabins. I was going to invite the ladies over. You should come out Man. You're always stuck in your house, and Bryan is always making excuses for you. But we all know why you won't come out"
        Of course he would go there. Yeah I'm a guy and I'm not supposed to feel bummed out for what happened. I'm supposed to move on, and act all tough. But shit still hurts. I though my girlfriend was my girlfriend. I had this sense of security with her thinking she would stay with me, when the day came. But she didn't, she left me with a broken heart. Her mate suddenly appeared out of no where, and instead of rejecting him. She left me. I'm supposed to be happy but I'm not. I'm fucking not, and that shit hurts. It hurt like hell.
        Now it's true Bryan covers for me, he knows how it feels. To loose someone you love for their mate. He's gone through what I'm going through, and I appreciate him. I love my brother I'm glad he has my back. Roland is just looking out for me. I know that too I can't be mad at the guy for trying he is my cousin after all. It isn't like I can just get rid of him.
         "Yeah man I'll come by tonight" What the heck I have to try and get out of this depressing feeling I'm in. Roland is trying and I should too. "I'll tell Bryan when I get back. That's if those chicks come by. Cause if not it's just going to be sausage fest" I shove Rolands shoulder as he chuckles.
         "Ha. Ha. Fucker. Can you see this smile. It attracts all the girls" he points at himself "I got this" I shake my head, he's so full of it. He did get all the girls when we were in high school. So sure I guess if you want to count that, but all the young women now want a real man. Not a childish guy, but okay if he says so. I'll let him believe that.
        We soon arrive the back side of the cabin and I can see two family vans parked next to the cabin house. There's laughter and a bunch of women talking. "Okay we are gonna go that way—" he points towards the end of the road "—and then act like we are out on a run. When one of the girls comes out, we'll go talk to her.." I face Roland and look at him like he's crazy. "The fuck is wrong with you bro. Just go up to their door and invite them like a normal person"
        "Naaaa, this is gonna work, trust me" he says scratching the back of his neck. "No" I shake my head and walk around the vans and see a small bag next to the drivers door. I jog towards it and pick it up. I show it to Roland, "Watch this" I grin. With the bag in my hand I step up the stairs towards the cabin, and Roland follows behind. I knock on the door and the voices inside the cabin go low into murmurs.
        Finally when the door flips open. I see the most captivating woman open the door. Her enchanting sugary scent hits me in the face, as she tugs her hair to the side. "Umm Hi" she smiles with such inviting lips. She's beautiful. She's mine.
        "Hey, I'm Atticus this is Roland, my cousin." I lean toward the side and Roland waves at her. She looks between us both, and now I feel stupid. I'm lost for words and I forgot what I had planned on saying.
        "O-Kay" she smirks, waiting for me to say something. What the hell was I supposed to say again? "Is that my bag?" She looks down at my hands. Oh yes that's what I was going to use. "Yeah! We were out here jogging and saw it on the floor. I I — here" I hand it over. Her hands brushes with mine, and I feel goosebumps appear in my arm. She looks startled. Her green eyes focused on me. Did she feel it too? I didn't imagine it.
        "Hi I'm Jessy" A petite redhead girl appears from behind her. "—and this is Brianna, or Breezy Missy" Brianna quickly elbows Jessys ribs, which makes her flinch filled with chuckles.
        "She's kidding just Bree it's fine" Brianna cheeks go pink, as she tries to hide behind the door.
        Behind me Roland coughs, and grabs my shoulder. "Hey ladies. Umm I live right here passing the two stop signs on Redhill Rd. You turn right and the house at the dead end is mine. We're having a small bon fire with my cousins if your group would like to come by. Ya are welcome to stop by and have a good time with us." And then he flashes those pearly whites at the girls. Jessy lights up, while Bree just stares at me. I see it in those green pools. She senses it. She's mine.
        "Yeah we'll be there. The girls are getting settled in, but I'll bring them by." Jesse smiled, a smile I've seen a lot of girls give to Roland "Are you guys The Kilgore's?" Wait what how did she know.
"Yes" we say in unison. "I thought so. You guys have the same facial features of the current Governor Kilgore" we both laugh. "Yeah that his dad. My uncle" I say.
"Small world" Jessy says. I meet Bree's eyes and smile. I want to make up anything just to stay here and talk to her. She hasn't said much since Jessy appeared. I can hear more girls coming down the stairs.
"Okay girls we'll see you tonight" Roland pats my back. I turn around once the girls wave goodbye and close the door.
"Well that was easy" Rolands let's out a sigh. "Yeah but I think it was just Thanks to your dad that they agreed to come by"
Roland shrugs "who cares we get some new girls tonight. I saw the way you kept starring at the Bianca chick"
I growl, "Brianna"
"To-May-To To-Mah-Toe" Roland says. "We'll see how many are in the group but I smelled 8-10 not sure" he says.
I don't care how many chicks there are all I care is about Brianna. I wonder how long she's going to stay for. Would she leave? I need to tell her. I need to explain myself. I can't let her leave.
She's mine.
My mate.