𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐀𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚

A couple hours after I completed Harry's tattoo the two of us got lost in the conversation between us. We went from talking about his tattoos to what he does for a living.

I learnt that he's from England but he moved to the United States for a change of scenery, hoping the big move sparks motivation and inspiration in him to create new music.

"So, why where?" I question. There wasn't anything wrong with the area I live in, but, I was curious to know what compelled Harry to choose this state specifically.

"Well, Arabella," Harry started, crossing his legs and resting his hands on his knees.

Normally I would cut people off right there and tell him or her to call me "Bella" for short because it's easier to pronounce. But, for Harry it was an exception because I liked the way he said my full name.

"I held a concert here a few years ago. Before I had to leave back to England, I had a couple of days for some "me time." I took it as an opportunity to explore small parts of town which ended up in me stumbling upon something great: a flower garden!" He continued.

"Oh, The Flora Garden?"

That specific garden is widely known for its diverse flowers and highly attractive landscape. Nobody could resist its beauty.

"Yes, that one! The scent of the various flowers and bright colors practically begged me to stay, unfortunately, I couldn't. And just recently, maybe three or four months ago, I've become bored of looking out my window and seeing the same scenery. I wanted something different, I wanted to move to a different part of the world but, I wasn't so sure of it's really what I wanted," He paused to catch his breath. "So, I took a quick walk outside while still contemplating my choices. I really should have checked the weather before I left my home, it was freezing,"

I laughed at that last part. It was too relatable and I've fallen victim to it many times.

"And, while I was on my walk, a big gush of wind literally blew me away," Harry demonstrated the dramatization with his hands and facial expressions. He noticed I smiled at his little acting skill which made him smile too.

A small dip formed on either side of his cheeks. The man has dimples, how adorable!

"To basically wrap up my story—I apologize for rambling— but, when that happened a flower from the bush beside me fell before my feet. It reminded me of the one at The Flora Garden. I took that as a sign as my final decision: move to this state."

Harry's story was a lot tot take in. I couldn't imagine how difficult the decision was for him to choose staying home where he has been all his life and made the most memories in or risk it all and migrate to a place you're unfamiliar with, surrounded by strangers who could end up as your new friend or enemy.

"It must've been hard to leave behind the life you had back at England." I said in a hushed tone, eyes fixated on my fidgeting fingers. "I can't see myself being as bold as you."

"Indeed, it was difficult. But, I don't regret a single thing. 'Cause I met an amazing person ever since I came here."

My attention wasn't on him but, I can feel the burning sensation of his gaze on me when he emphasized "person." I would look up and thank him, but the redness on my cheeks are far too embarrassing to show. So I kept my head down to hide it along with the smile that formed on my lips.

We sat in a few minutes of silence until somebody knocked on other side of the closed door.

"Come in!" I shouted.

Boss opened the door by a crack and peeked his head through. Making Harry and I lightly laugh at how funny he looked.

"You two are still here? It's closing time." He said.

Harry and I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was already 9 P.M. Time really does fly when you're having a good time.

"We should head home." I told Harry who nodded in agreement.

Boss closed up while we bid our goodbyes, leaving Harry and I outside of the parlor.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later Harry." I smiled, walking in a different direction of him.

"Do you always walk home?" He asks from a distance. I could hear his footsteps coming closer.

"Yeah, I don't have the money for a car so I just walk." I told him while I continued walking backwards to look at him.

"Let me walk you home, you don't know what lurks at night."

It took me a couple of seconds to think about before I agreed to let him walk me home. Though, I do feel bad 'cause it is pretty late and he should head home himself.

The walk was quite lengthy being that my home was pretty far but, we made it.

"Thank you for walking me home, Harry. I owe you one."

"How about a free tattoo?" He joked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Aha, I'll give you a temporary kid tattoo for free," I joked back, opening the door to my house. "Anyway, goodnight Harry, walk home safely."

"Goodnight Arabella and I will." When he disappeared from my sight into the dark I closed my door, ready to change into my pajamas and jump into my bed.

"Home late again." A female voice harshly spoke.