The Upgrade (Chapter Eleven)

"AH!" I scream as I pop off my back. I breathe heavily and look around. Lakota then busts through the door.

"Is everything okay?" She asked. My breathing starts to slow. I hold my stomach in pain.

"I'm fine...sorry to scare you," I say. I slowly lie back down.

"Nightmare?"

"Yeah, I keep seeing his face. I keep hearing his words...I NEED to get him back!" I say I feel a fire grow in me.

"And we will get him back. Tonight."

"Tonight? How?"

"Your suit is finished. Everything is finished. Watches, suit, my brain since I didn't sleep...everything."

"You should rest."

"I will. Make sure you test out the suit." She says. She yawns loudly and heads out. "Night!" She says. I make a look of confusion and check the time.

"It's 12....oh shit. My dad!" I yell. I jump out of bed and dash towards Lakota's lab. "Hey! Does the s-" She's out cold. She really needed the rest so I leave her to it. I dash to the room and look at the blueprints and schematics of the suit. "There's no time!" I yell. I fold the schematics and place them into the suitcase. "How do I put it on?" I asked myself. I put my shoes into the boots and the suit begins to speak.

"Greetings Mr. Pulse. Very nice to have you back." Delta says.

"Delta? You're in the whole suit now? How do you know it's me?"

"I remember your weight and shoe size."

"How do I get out? I need to be home as soon as possible! Where's the chest plate and stuff?"

"Please put on the gloves Pulse. They made some major upgrades." Delta states.

"Major? Can't be that cool." I say. I put the gloves on and they start to read my hands. Tech starts to cover my entire body, my suit covers my entire torso and the boots start to cover my legs. I look over to the right and find my mask. "What is this made of?"

"Nanotech and Carbon Fiber. The carbon fiber parts of the suit are the gauntlets, boots, chest plate, elbow card, shoulder guards, knee guards, and the knuckle area. Everything else is Nanotech. Pretty sweet huh?" Delta explained.

"That's impossible...how did they do this?"

"Karen and Lakota. Both of their brains put together is quite marvelous...plus, money. A LOT of money."

"Insane...this is insane...beyond insane..." I say in shock. I froze as I stare at my suit. "Holy shit this is insane...where's the watch?" I ask.

"You'll see when we get home. Let's go!" Delta says in excitement. I laugh and put my mask on and it connects with the torso piece. I run to the pad and I see Jaden waking up.

"Whoa...that suit is awesome...." Jaden said I'm not sure if he's awake or not.

"Thanks." I elbow the button and I'm sent flying out the roof.

"Systems online," Delta says. A hud appears on my eyes and I see the time, location, and battery percentage.

"Wait what, what's the percentage for?"

"The suit. No worries though, it charges whenever it's not being used."

"What if I drain it out?"

"Not possible, the battery lasts for 15 hours. You only patrol for about 5 to 6."

"Okay but, what if I run out?"